1.    #1  
    I used to have a hack that would pull up a little Windows-like start bar in the lower left of the screen that allowed you to put apps in categories and launch them from there...it also allowed you to run DA's from the menu...anyone know what this is? Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Its not GoBar either
    Last edited by Fagan; 07/15/2001 at 12:33 PM.
    I use LaunchMenu, which is a hack. It does exactly what you describe, and I love it to death. I've gotten rid of all the launchers and launch hacks I tried except for LaunchMenu and SwitchHack.

Joe
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that sounds like the one I mean. I can't find it though...do you know where I can get it? Thanks for the reply.
    EDIT: Oh I found it. Thanks
    Same here where can I get it. Ive looked on palmgear but no cigar
    Oh geez, you guys got my heart pumping. I thought my fave hack had disappeared. And I can't live without it

My version of the software says it's written by Katsuhiro Endo, endo@fatal-error.com
    A google search on "launchmenu" yielded www.shinbiro.com, although that site is either gone or down at the moment.

Aha! Found it. Head to www.fatal-error.com and hit the software button.

I looked through my registrations and couldn't find any evidence that I had registered LaunchMenu. So I hit the register button on fatal-error, but the author doesn't seem to be asking for money. This is one of those freeware apps that I'd actually like to pay for!
    I really like the idea behind this hack except it caused all kind of probs.(resetting, crashing, not synching) with my platinum. Anyone else have a problem?
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    I don't have any such problems. I may or may not have de-activated some hacks though. Looking at hackmaster, I see that CaseToggleHack is deactivated. The hacks I am using: Diddlebug screencap, findhack, popuptime, switchHack, TealNotes ... and, of course, LaunchMenu. No problems with these.

I might have deactivated CaseToggleHack earlier -- I think it caused me problems somewhere along the way.
    Originally posted by Fagan
    I used to have a hack that would pull up a little Windows-like start bar in the lower left of the screen that allowed you to put apps in categories and launch them from there...it also allowed you to run DA's from the menu...anyone know what this is? Thanks for your time.
    You might also try looking in to PhlegmHack. It's pretty much like SwitchHack, but it's freeware and has a more intriguing name.

Brian Baker
    Originally posted by Briguy

You might also try looking in to PhlegmHack. It's pretty much like SwitchHack, but it's freeware and has a more intriguing name.

Brian Baker
    Don't forget McPhling hack. It is freeware and allows you to pick favorites apps and "no-shows" apps in the menu.
    Launchmenu opereates in a slightly different manner than Phlegmhack or McPhiling.

Launchmenu gives you a static list of applications that you may launch, where the others give you a "most recently used" list of applications.

I have used McPhiling for quit a while and love it (mostly the switching back to previous app feature.) Since seeing this thread, I have installed Launchmenu as well and love it. I place the 3 or 4 apps that I use the most in the "root" of the menu and they are always there, in the same spot, everytime.
    there's also Launch'em Lite. It's freeware and shows all the install programs with a quick stroke.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...49&prodID=6567