1.    #1  
    Alright, I've decided to try and migrate from Windows to Linux (Kubuntu seems to be my flavour of choice), and I want to make sure I'm not going to have to reboot at inopportune moments. So I'd like to be able to sync my Treo. How painless is this process to a relative novice to Linux (though not to Windows at all)?

I've started Googling around, but I figured this would be a good spot to get some first-hand experience judging by all the hacking and modification threads here. That and I haven't seen a thread after searching the forums, so it might be handy for the next guy that Googles this question as well. I have installed Windows XP in a VMWare virtual machine in Kubuntu if that'll simplify the process (or maybe that'll be more difficult), and I do presently sync with Outlook 2007, though that wouldn't be a huge transition to ditch.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Wow, nobody at all?

It doesn't matter anyway now, I think my sync cable is toast. Or the phone is. Syncing this thing never works anymore. I like the phone, but I may have to replace it in a few months when my contract is up.