Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 700WX and have tried two Nutshell leather cases and both have had the same problems. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem/

The problem is: The inside of the case is rubbing the keys near the center of the key pad and leaving a black residue on them. The residue takes a lot of rubbing to clean off. When I had my first case I email them and was told it was from the oil in my skin. What a load of crap because when I am on the phone the key pad does NOT touch my face.
    I decided to try a second case from them and this time I ordered one that would fit an extended battery. Well the same thing is happening again and the keypad is NOT touching my face.
    I do not work in any extreme environment. I work inside in an office. Seems a case of this price should not do this.
    Anyone else with this problem?
    Other than this the case is great.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    No, I have been using two cases ever since the 650 and have not had that problem.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I know for sure it is the case because I have carried the phone in other case and never had this happen. Something in the Nutshell case is doing it.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Could be. I have used the nutshells with the 650 and the 700p -- both have the old hard plastic keys. Does your device have keys that are more rubbery/grabby?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I think mine are plastic keys.

I just called nutshell and complained. They told me to send them my order number in an email and they will send a replacement with a different liner.

Hopefully they come through. I will let you know.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    They will do you right.
    I had the same problem with a leather case I bought from Sprint. It was the cheap dye used on the leather. It ruined my keyboard but fortunately Sprint exchanged it for me.