Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    For some reason, I didn't learn from my Seidio customer service experience a couple of years ago... and so when I picked up my new Treo 700wx, I bought another Seidio horizontal holster. This one, the CSL2TR650-HSK "Premium" horizontal holster (a couple of years ago I purchased the CSL3TR700-H, which tore at the stitches on the back from the weight of the phone). My new holster lasted just over 4 days... and it still looks shiny new... except for the tear in the leather at the stitching (with the leather as thin as it is, the stitching apparently is just a perforation for the subsequent easy-tear). This one tore when I was inserting the phone... I'm a big guy, but it was just a normal "insert phone here" act. I wasn't doing a Billy "White Shoes" Johnson spike. So... I followed Seidio's online RMA instructions http://www.seidioonline.com/Articles.asp?ID=135m which reads, in part...

    If product was purchased from an outside Seidio partner, please send an email with your original receipt to our Warranty Department at wsrma@seidio.com.
    Easy enough... I followed the page instructions by sending an email with a PDF scan of my purchase receipt dated 07/14/2008. Here was their reply (some may want to put on their wading boots)--

    Thank you for contacting Seidio WSRMA Department. We are apologizing to inform you that we can not grant you the request of a replacement since your purchase was made within 30 days.
    They then referred me back to the vendor where I purchased the product. Well... guess who sent me to Seidio in the first place? So now it's back to the vendor again... this time maybe they'll handle Seidio's product quality issue that Seidio doesn't want to handle.

    One side note... the "Premium" horizontal holster is described as having "a wider opening to accommodate our Innocases and Skins.". To clarify what they apparently mean by "wider," my 700wx, complete with Innocase Crystal, may have enough room inside the holster to have a picnic with 2 Blackberries, a Treo 750, and an old Samsung flip phone... and that includes the basket of food and checkered blanket spread out neatly for all to lay on.

    *sigh* ... not sure why I didn't learn from my previous experience with them... maybe I'll learn this time.

    To the handful of Seidio-lovers who'll dive in to tell me how this was somehow all my fault... "whatever."

    That is all.
  2. #2  
    Wow, you've had some tough luck. I've purchased a few times from Seidio without any problems. With your experience though I don't blame you a bit for not wanting to shop there anymore.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    For some reason, I didn't learn from my Seidio customer service experience a couple of years ago... and so when I picked up my new Treo 700wx, I bought another Seidio horizontal holster. This one, the CSL2TR650-HSK "Premium" horizontal holster (a couple of years ago I purchased the CSL3TR700-H, which tore at the stitches on the back from the weight of the phone). My new holster lasted just over 4 days... and it still looks shiny new... except for the tear in the leather at the stitching (with the leather as thin as it is, the stitching apparently is just a perforation for the subsequent easy-tear). This one tore when I was inserting the phone... I'm a big guy, but it was just a normal "insert phone here" act. I wasn't doing a Billy "White Shoes" Johnson spike. So... I followed Seidio's online RMA instructions http://www.seidioonline.com/Articles.asp?ID=135m which reads, in part...



    Easy enough... I followed the page instructions by sending an email with a PDF scan of my purchase receipt dated 07/14/2008. Here was their reply (some may want to put on their wading boots)--



    They then referred me back to the vendor where I purchased the product. Well... guess who sent me to Seidio in the first place? So now it's back to the vendor again... this time maybe they'll handle Seidio's product quality issue that Seidio doesn't want to handle.

    One side note... the "Premium" horizontal holster is described as having "a wider opening to accommodate our Innocases and Skins.". To clarify what they apparently mean by "wider," my 700wx, complete with Innocase Crystal, may have enough room inside the holster to have a picnic with 2 Blackberries, a Treo 750, and an old Samsung flip phone... and that includes the basket of food and checkered blanket spread out neatly for all to lay on.

    *sigh* ... not sure why I didn't learn from my previous experience with them... maybe I'll learn this time.

    To the handful of Seidio-lovers who'll dive in to tell me how this was somehow all my fault... "whatever."

    That is all.
    Labby,

    I apologize for the confusion, and the issues you had with our RMA department. I'm not sure why your reseller sent you to us, because they typically handle the first thirty days as a return themselves. This is actually their preference as they want to keep you as a customer. After 30 days, we handle any issues as a warranty claim. Perhaps your reseller didn't realize your purchase was made so recently.

    Regardless, I'd like to see if there's anything I can do to make you happy. Please email your contact information and the order confirmation from your reseller to forum@seidio.com, and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

    Thanks,
  4. #4  
    Nice response Seidio. Good to see some great customer service in action.
  5. Scott_L's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #5  
    Wow! I didn't expect to see someone from Seidio chime in. Since you're here, let me run something by you...

    I had shopped your site and placed a bundle in a shopping cart. Then I was distracted by some reviews and such and left my items alone for a day or two. When I returned, your site appeared to have been redesigned and my cart was empty. No big deal. I tried to find the combo I had selected, but could not find it. Upon calling Seidio and speaking to a rep, I was told the bundle I wanted was NEVER available. I discussed it for a couple minutes and said I have a print-screen of my cart with that bundle (I still have it BTW), but was reassured that I was wrong. That's all I needed to end the call and take my business elsewhere.

    I have since purchased a case from someone else, but would rather have the Seidio that I chose. Is there any way I can speak to someone that is a bit more open to customer service and purchase the bundle I seek?

    I can offer details on the bundle later - the printout is at home.

    Thanks for your time!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Wow! I didn't expect to see someone from Seidio chime in. Since you're here, let me run something by you...

    I had shopped your site and placed a bundle in a shopping cart. Then I was distracted by some reviews and such and left my items alone for a day or two. When I returned, your site appeared to have been redesigned and my cart was empty. No big deal. I tried to find the combo I had selected, but could not find it. Upon calling Seidio and speaking to a rep, I was told the bundle I wanted was NEVER available. I discussed it for a couple minutes and said I have a print-screen of my cart with that bundle (I still have it BTW), but was reassured that I was wrong. That's all I needed to end the call and take my business elsewhere.

    I have since purchased a case from someone else, but would rather have the Seidio that I chose. Is there any way I can speak to someone that is a bit more open to customer service and purchase the bundle I seek?

    I can offer details on the bundle later - the printout is at home.

    Thanks for your time!
    Scott,

    I apologize for any confusion. Our site was completely redesigned and not all of our bundles were re-introduced. Email the original bundle to forum@seidio.com and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

    Thanks,
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Nice response Seidio. Good to see some great customer service in action.
    This is a VERY different reception from seidioseidio than the post I made a couple of years ago (and alluded to in my OP above)... maybe a different person on the other end of the username? Maybe not. In any case, I do appreciate the positive response he's made this time.


    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Perhaps your reseller didn't realize your purchase was made so recently.
    That could well be the case. In my initial contact with them about the problem, I just said "purchased recently" because I didn't have my receipt handy. They may have taken that to mean "in the last n months."


    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Regardless, I'd like to see if there's anything I can do to make you happy.
    After the email I got from Seidio pointing me back to the vendor, I contacted them again (I actually forwarded the Seidio email to them), and they have issued an RMA. I haven't shipped it to them yet, but it's already packaged up with supporting documentation and will go out tomorrow. I do appreciate the offer to assist... and I'll take you up on it if I run into issues. At this point, maybe you can help us all by communicating back to the buyers/designers to build a better product. I don't own a gun, but a quick look at Cabela's web site shows what appears to be a pretty well built pistol holster (and I'm thinking pistols are pretty heavy, and holsters may get some "abusive" use) for $20. I'd gladly pay top dollar (at $39+ I believe I already am) for a rugged product.

    Thanks again for the post.
  8. Scott_L's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Our site was completely redesigned and not all of our bundles were re-introduced.
    And how about the Textured Hard Case (now called Innocase Surface) case in Blue? I don't see that anymore. I hope this doesn't mean Seidio has written off the pre-800w Treos.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    And how about the Textured Hard Case (now called Innocase Surface) case in Blue? I don't see that anymore. I hope this doesn't mean Seidio has written off the pre-800w Treos.
    The 800w is the first Treo where our Surface case is available in more than one color. Prior models are available in black only.

    Thanks,
  10. #10  
    Hey seidioseidio, any word on if there is going to be an extended battery for the Treo 800w? I'm especially interested in you guys making one that will fit into the existing cover, like you did the Mogul.

Posting Permissions