1.    #1  
    My Treo 680 is about to be on its way out for the last time. For some reason or another, it goes into HotSync and will not come out. The phone will not work. Nothing. Did a hard reset , same thing. It goes straight to Hot sync, it will not connect. Stuck in this nasty cycle. Help!
    could you have gotten moisture in it? Try drying it out really well with the battery out.
  3.    #3  
    No moisture in it. This has happened before. Even with the cradle cord attached to the treo and pluged in to the PC, it doesnt resgister at all. It will stay in the hotsync cycle displaying error message like not plug in. It will contune to do it until battery goes dead. This started today out of the blue. If I cant get it to stop, I'll have to upgrade to a 755 or something better.
    ATT Palm Treo 680, nearly dead or will be. 2gig card. mostly stock
    Usually the continuous hotsyncing is due to moisture on the contacts which changes the resistance. This resistance change is what the treo uses to determine if someone has pressed the button on the hotsync cord/cradle.

It is summer (in the northern hemisphere) and long boughts of high humidity can be enough to trigger this behaviour.

Toss it in a sealed container with some rice for a day or two and see if the problem does in fact go away. Do a search on these forums for this problem and some of the other drying methods that people have tried.

(This isn't exactly a new problem.)
  5.    #5  
    Well, after reading these post, the contacts are pretty much rusted up.. The morning it quit working, I was in a cab of locomotive wich the A/C was kicking in and out, it would get quite sticky. Any way to remove the rust with out harming the contacts?
  6.    #6  
    After cleaning and drying, still no dice. Got fed up with,dropped it, it stopped Hotsyncing but, broke some menu keys. So off to get a 750 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEVO5310 View Post
    Well, after reading these post, the contacts are pretty much rusted up.. The morning it quit working, I was in a cab of locomotive wich the A/C was kicking in and out, it would get quite sticky. Any way to remove the rust with out harming the contacts?
    Go to an electronics store. They will sell gold contact cleaner.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEVO5310 View Post
    After cleaning and drying, still no dice. Got fed up with,dropped it, it stopped Hotsyncing but, broke some menu keys. So off to get a 750 or so.
    No wonder it doesn't work with the way you treat it...