Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    I personally could not do without a data plan, but some don't need or want to pay for it. These users are typically longtime palm owners and they enjoy having to carry only one device that is both palm and phone.
    that and i don't want to give verizon $30 a month just for data
    Palm Centro (VZW)
    W/ 1GB SDHC
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would get a phone like the Centro and then refuse to get a data plan. That's like buying a Ferrari without an engine. Sure it looks pretty but what's the point?

No offense, but it's a waste to have a phone like the Centro without a data plan.
    serious?

Guess you are no a long time Pam user. So, think about this... some of us are on their 3-4-5th version of Palm. WAY before they were phones. Thus, many of us have YEARS of Palm data in Palm only format (contacts, memos, todo lists, calendar events with color coding and with attached notes, purchased palm apps, etc). So, the latest palms that are now phones and can get web access is not how these started. So, for many like me, my legacy data is so important to me, I do not want to loose it or try to port it to a different type of phone (much cannot be). So, you stick to using a Palm phone to keep and manage legacy Palm formatted data. I have a computer at home and work.... I do not need nor want to surf the web or check email on my phone. So, absolutely no need for a data plan. That phone is a PIM before a phone for me and many. Get it?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    UPDATE

it appears turning off the MyCentro did NOT stop this issue. On Saturday at 6:41 pm it used a mere .22 kb??? WTF is going on??? bizaro.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    UPDATE

it appears turning off the MyCentro did NOT stop this issue. On Saturday at 6:41 pm it used a mere .22 kb??? WTF is going on??? bizaro.
    this probably isnt it, but try disabling autoupdate time and date... it saves me battery life, but i highly doubt it uses data
    Palm Centro (VZW)
    W/ 1GB SDHC
    I guess we could go thru your list of apps but since you assumably never had a data plan I doubt you suddenly have an app that needs one. Google maps uses the web so if you have used that it could be it.

Or you have a gremlin using your phone without your knowledge.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12