1.    #1  
    Thinking about getting Butler
    Read a little about it-seems like a cool, worthy program to spend the $ on.

Anyone have any opinion, good or bad, of Butler

Also important-I need a solid alarm. I am using weekup now, but am not totally satisfied. Can anyone comment on Butler's alarm, specifically snooze functionality.

Thanks
    I tried it but didn't see the point. The built alarm and snooze is enough for me, waste of money imho...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I like it because of the LED and lock features. I like how you can lock or erase your information if you ever lost your phone.

If you are looking for just a alert LEDS. There's a free program for that I think its Attention grabber.
    As I understand it, the big thing with Butler was that you could assign shortcuts to any of the keys to be launched anywhere. Since they included that in the centro (not in previous palm phones I believe, but I haven't used palm in a long while before this...) there isn't as much need
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Butler is a great little program with a lot of capability, but if those are the only two things you are looking for attention grabber uses LED for alerts and I use WatchIM for my alarm with snooze. I can set up to 6 different alarms and view many different interfaces and best of all... it's free!
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the responses,

could you (F99) provide a link for WatchIM??
    thanks
    I would recommend trialing Butler. I think it is great value for what it costs. WatchMaker is freeware, but the developer of that app just put out a slightly more sophisticated clock app for more than the cost of Butler. Butler does so much more than a clock program, such as allowing you to use the side key to go back to a previous app you were using, or managing the LED, or managing your keyguard, etc. Trial the program and make an informed decision.
    All for One and One for All!
    I've used butler on my 600, 680, and now my centro. I mainly use it for the alarm (I like how you can set up to 6 at a time), the attention, and they have a nice feature with being able to set your buttons to what you'd like. (For example, I am now able to set the green "call" button to be an all-in-one phone button, which leaves open another hard button free!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Treo Alarm is a great free alarm app, with weather included, but I like Butler for the peace of mind, via the security feature (you can clear your info by sending a txt msg if your phone is lost/stole), and I also like that you can launch any app/contact from anywhere, including in Blazer, which I could not do previously (it would instead bring up the location/url box). Butler also has alarms and a keyguard. I wouldn't call it an essential app but the security makes it worth the price, to me.
    IMO the buter keyboard shortcuts work much better than the ones built in to the centro. Also, the security feature is what I really like about it. It works too. Just sms a certain message with passwords to your phone and it erases everything even the sd card. I probably wouldn't buy butler for those two features now. I bought butler years ago with the treo 600 and still use it because its still licensed.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I LOVE butler. It makes the phone sooo much better for me. I recently tried Technician, and I LOVE it now as well. I think together, those are the two coolest programs I have on my phone.
    I had Butler and Technician on my 650 and loved them. First things I added on my Centro. Then, the random resets happened, usually after a phone call or text message. Butler and Technician were the only apps I had installed. I deleted them, and have not had one problem with resets since. I thought it was related to the MP3 ring I selected with Technician, but I never found out for certain.
    PalmPilot Professional -> Visor Edge -> Tugsten|T -> Tungsten|E2 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    oh wow. I have random resets occasionally, sometimes once or twice a week, or more. It is usually caused by the Phone or by text messaging. I never understood why these would cause a reset. I have SafeGuard, and I am able to tell what caused my reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    I use WatchIM for my alarm with snooze. I can set up to 6 different alarms and view many different interfaces and best of all... it's free!
    +1...WatchM is the shizznit!

Link: WatchM aka WatchMaker

NOTE: A newer version is available here, but the site (palmgear.com) requires you to enter your credit card information when registering a new account.

sleepy
    Last edited by sleepyEDB; 08/05/2008 at 03:10 PM.
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have a lot of apps, including Butler, but I've only had maybe 3 or 4 resets this entire year (none since the update), and I've had most of my apps for several months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    If you are looking for just a alert LEDS. There's a free program for that I think its Attention grabber.
    +1 again!

I just installed Attention Grabber last night and I am already very pleased with it. I sent myself a text message from a website as a test, and the green LED lit up, stayed lit, and the phone vibrated once every two minutes until I checked the missed message. Just what I needed!

Thanks for the tip,

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    the best way to know if u need it is to give it a try. a really good trial that is. there are so many functions available in Butler.

i have been using it since my T600 days... and i love it !