1.    #1  
    A friend of mine has a 755 and he was asking me, why the led light always blinks? Can you turn it off?
    Usually the LED light is an attention grabber. A solid green tells you its charged, a solid red light tells you it needs charging. A blinking light may mean voice mail, or new email, an alarm, etc. The simple way to get it off, is to attend to whatever the attention grabber is and usually the LED goes off on its own. Sometimes however, the LED gets stuck. In that case, either a soft reset or, if you have Butler, there is an option to force the LED off. Hope this helps.

Stu
    All for One and One for All!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Usually the LED light is an attention grabber. A solid green tells you its charged, a solid red light tells you it needs charging. A blinking light may mean voice mail, or new email, an alarm, etc. The simple way to get it off, is to attend to whatever the attention grabber is and usually the LED goes off on its own. Sometimes however, the LED gets stuck. In that case, either a soft reset or, if you have Butler, there is an option to force the LED off. Hope this helps.

Stu
    Thanks for the info...i know what the led colors indicate...just wanted to know if the led light is always on or if it just blink etc.. when it is performing one of the tasks above. i know verizons 700wx is always blinking green.
    755's do not have a service LED, so if your friend's 755 is always blinking, it is an alert for something.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    On Verizon, the indicator light flashes green when
    your phone is on and you’re inside a coverage
    area. If you’re outside a coverage area, No
    Service appears in the upper-left corner and
    the indicator light flashes amber.

LEDOff is a free utility which will allow you to change the behavior of the LED to your preferences.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/ledoff,241.html
    BradS

Pilot Pro-->III-->Vx-->Tungsten E-->T|X-->Treo 755p
    ah, did not know that about Verizon, sorry, I am with Sprint and their 755's do not have a service LED.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    ah, did not know that about Verizon, sorry, I am with Sprint and their 755's do not have a service LED.
    With Sprint a blinking red may mean that you are outside of a signal area.

BB
    With the 755p, solid red means it's charging, solid green means it's charged, that is in the manual. A blinking LED means you have a message or an appointment, not sure which color is which. Right now I'm in my shop, and I have a blinking orange light. I think that means I don't have service, which I don't (I'm in a basement). The blinking green light means that there is a new alert (according to the manual).
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    With the 755p, solid red means it's charging, solid green means it's charged, that is in the manual. A blinking LED means you have a message or an appointment, not sure which color is which. Right now I'm in my shop, and I have a blinking orange light. I think that means I don't have service, which I don't (I'm in a basement). The blinking green light means that there is a new alert (according to the manual).
    The lack of service might well have been orange rather than red (subtle difference for me). Anyway, we must ask Dollface whether this is the RED LIGHT district.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    The lack of service might well have been orange rather than red (subtle difference for me). Anyway, we must ask Dollface whether this is the RED LIGHT district.
    hee hee, I've never gotten a blinking orange light; I'm still trying to get used to the 755 not having a service LED.
    I have a sprint 755 and the green light blinks all the time... no alerts....