Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I had been using a Motorola T305 bluetooth speakerphone with my 700p with no problems. I "upgraded" to a T505 and am having problems maintaining the pairing between the two devices: the T505 will announce that the connection has been dropped. Usually, after maybe 5 seconds, the connection will be re-established, but it happens too frequently to live with this issue. Motorola was no help; I swapped out the T505 for another unit and am having the same issues.

I then bought a Blueant Supertooth 3 and while the connection is stronger, the connection does fail every now and then.

I'm wondering if others are having similar issues with the 700p dropping bluetooth connections. For what it's worth, I did not update my 700p, as I've heard too many horror stories.

Many thanks,

John
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    No replies... I'm bummed. I'd really apprecaite if someone could provide some advice or feedback...
    reubkov
    You have the 1.04 roms?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Actually, mine says 1.08-SPNT. I believe this is the original ROM, as this was a new, unopened device and I have not applied the update. I would imagine that some of the issues I'm having with Bluetooth might be resolved if I perform the update, but I'm leery to do it - I've heard too many horror stories, and if I mess up my 700p, I'm out of luck, as they don't make them anymore. Also, I don't want to lose certain features, such as the visual email notification that disappears after performing the upgrade...

Thanks,

John
    reubkov