Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tried a few but can't fing anything I like...
    Mike
    I have been using google's reader. That way, I don't have to grind through the same feeds twice every day (once on my computer and once on my treo)
    I use Resco Neeews. It's trouble free.....

A second for Resco Neeews.
    What features are important in a news reader?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I have been using google's reader. That way, I don't have to grind through the same feeds twice every day (once on my computer and once on my treo)
    I do the same.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I do not have a problem using free, if it is really free. My personal preference though is QuickNews.
    I have both QuickNews and Neeews... and I find myself using Neeews more than I use QuickNews though I like QN better. QuickNews is slightly easier to set-up and configure, and the feeds appear to be more reliable on it. Neews has a prettier (and neater) UI. Both work well on Treo/ Centro.
    Game over!
    I use Bloglines, it has an excellent mobile edition which is very fast and has built in software which turns sites into mobile friendly ones (great for commenting on blogs!). It's free and has no advertising.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    On the recommendation of some users on here, I tried quicknews when I first got a Centro. It's interface was quirky, and it would reset my device once or twice a day. So I got rid of it. Interesting recommendations on on the others, maybe I'll give them a try.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    bloglines mobile beta
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Can someone give some tips on how to set up Neeews? I did a search and found a couple of RSS feeds but how do I view them? The manual doesn't seem to be clear enough for me on adding feeds.
    I use Quick News and bloglines mobile beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    bloglines mobile beta
    Yeah I tried that but it's fairly weighty for a mobile site and with the Centro not being 3G m.bloglines.com works far better ime...
    Google Reader. Seems the simplest. Plus it is a whole lot easier to set up and manage on your desktop, then just access it whenever you need it on your phone.

I have tried QN and Neews. Why take up memory for your feeds when the link is gonna take you to Blazer to access the full article via the web anyway?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Google Reader for mobile. Vienna for desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
    Yeah I tried that but it's fairly weighty for a mobile site and with the Centro not being 3G m.bloglines.com works far better ime...
    "m.bloglines.com", that's what I meant versus, http://www.bloglines.com/mobile
    The other nice thing with google reader is you can mark and share the articles for further review on a bigger screen very easily.

I just wish I could find an app that would use the google reader feed (with the allowance for marking them) and has a plugin for 2day. That would be the ultimate.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
    ... and with the Centro not being 3G ...
    ???
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Google Reader. Seems the simplest. Plus it is a whole lot easier to set up and manage on your desktop, then just access it whenever you need it on your phone.
    Or from your work computer, your home computer, your laptop, the computer in the lab at school, your parent's computer, etc. etc.

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast