1.    #1  
    I have just 70MB on my 2GB miniSD card which I put into an SD card adapter to copy onto my PC with an SD card reader and noticed the process took forever.

My card is marked is marked "ATP" but CardInfo lists the manufacturer as Unknown.

Anyone know if using the mini SD card in an adapter slows it down?

Adam
    I've never noticed that. I've noticed that those adapters suck, though.

Makes me miss regular sd cards b/c i didn't need to keep up with (and try not to crush) adapters for them.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I'm told it does slow things down a bit.
    BB
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    I'm told it does slow things down a bit.
    BB
    I have a 2GB SD card in my iQue with over 1 GB of data and it copies faster to my PC via a card reader than the mini in adapter.

The SD card is a Sandisk Ultra II, while the mini is an ATP but it may a counterfeit as CardInfo reports the manufacturer as unknown.

I'm tempted to buy another mini SD card to see where the problem lies.

Adam
  5. IRJ
    I want to update my firmware, however, my 755P isn't talking to my pc. No problem I thought, I will put the new firmware on my 4GB miniSD and use an adaptor so that it plugs into my pc. Nope, the download speciifcally says do NOT use an adaptor in this manner.
    Why so?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IRJ View Post
    I want to update my firmware, however, my 755P isn't talking to my pc. No problem I thought, I will put the new firmware on my 4GB miniSD and use an adaptor so that it plugs into my pc. Nope, the download speciifcally says do NOT use an adaptor in this manner.
    Why so?
    Good point. That's a hint that using the adaptor does something to data transfer.

Adam
    I did my upgrade to Sprint 1.07 using a micro SD card with mini SD adapter. No problems.