Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 129
  1.    #1  
    I'm starting a new thread because I think the old Red smilies, etc thread is being overlooked. At this point, we have at least 5 women who've said we'd donate $10 to phwelo to update the pink phone interface that has been lost since the Palm Update 1.07. Unfortunately, phwelo lost his phone in a tragic screen-cracking incident and can't do the update.

    Is there NO ONE else on this board who could do this for us? C'mon. You've got a bunch of women willing to spend money to pink up their phones and no one else has stepped up? I'm sure there'd be tens and twenties more women willing to fork up some change for the update...

    Anyone??
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  2. Felicia's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #2  
    and red too!
  3. #3  
    I've got my $10 ready.
  4. #4  
    I see Bekktek started a new thread. I responded to the other one stating that maybe use Skinner? You can recreate that skin to any color of your choice. Would Skinner work with the phone now that the update is in place? If any of you have Skinner and don't know how to do this, I could make them and post them here.

    The cool thing about Pwhelo's skins is that they were independent of the program. But if anyone knows if the update will accept Skinner, let me know!

    Updating what Phwelo has done requires someone who knows how to edit prc files.
    Last edited by RenaC; 08/01/2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Really want to help you guys out....
    I'm checking you Jabronis into the SmackDown hotel.
  5. Felicia's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #5  
    Skinner does work with the new update. I've been using the trial version. I tried to make one but I could not change the color from green. I'd be interested in a red skin.
    I really like these buttons but its not a deal breaker.
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/red-skin...o-650,537.html
  6. #6  
    for $5 more than Skinner, you can get TAKEphONE, which not only is skinnable, but GREATLY increases the functionality of the phone screen. There's several colors available, including pink and red. I know this isn't a free option, nor does it offer custom battery, alarm, bluetooth icons that phwelo's did. Here's a screenshot of some of the skins I've done:
    http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs31/300...entreville.jpg
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  7. #7  
    That's the nicest screenshot of Takephone I've ever seen. Convinces me to check it out.

    This is what my dialpad looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm checking you Jabronis into the SmackDown hotel.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Skinner does work with the new update. I've been using the trial version. I tried to make one but I could not change the color from green. I'd be interested in a red skin.
    I really like these buttons but its not a deal breaker.
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/red-skin...o-650,537.html



    I just clicked your link - after I did this

    I am playing with the buttons to get them like the ones in the the treo skin - but getting sleepy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RenaC; 08/02/2008 at 01:05 AM. Reason: After looking at skin in link
    I'm checking you Jabronis into the SmackDown hotel.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RenaC View Post
    That's the nicest screenshot of Takephone I've ever seen. Convinces me to check it out.

    This is what my dialpad looks like
    If you check out the link in my signature, there are a couple of purple skins for TAKEphONE. One is in the TAKEphONE Skins v3, set 2. The other is "Purple Rose."

    Good luck in finding the solution that works for you!
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    for $5 more than Skinner, you can get TAKEphONE, which not only is skinnable, but GREATLY increases the functionality of the phone screen. There's several colors available, including pink and red. I know this isn't a free option, nor does it offer custom battery, alarm, bluetooth icons that phwelo's did. Here's a screenshot of some of the skins I've done:
    http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs31/300...entreville.jpg
    Where are those icons? I have been trialing TakePHONE and it's ok, it takes some getting used to and there's a lot of unused space in the middle that seems could be put to better use......
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  11.    #11  
    and by the way, on TakePhone - if there's a way to type in a webaddress from the main screen and go to it, I haven't found it - I thought you could search for name, number or url from it?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  12. BaDZeD's Avatar
    Posts
    294 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #12  
    There is an "internet search" function when you press the "menu" button.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    If you check out the link in my signature, there are a couple of purple skins for TAKEphONE. One is in the TAKEphONE Skins v3, set 2. The other is "Purple Rose."

    Good luck in finding the solution that works for you!
    I absolutely LOVE the Purple Rose skin and the iGlass violet skin. I love purple so much, you have no idea! Beautiful work!

    How were you able to do the skins? TP doesn't have a desktop app like Skinner.

    But you are right. There is more functionality w/TP than the default phone app. Plus I still get the dial by photo feature of Ultimate Phone, which I wasn't willing to pay for, although it was pretty. TP does more than UP, so I would be willing to buy this.
    I'm checking you Jabronis into the SmackDown hotel.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Where are those icons? I have been trialing TakePHONE and it's ok, it takes some getting used to and there's a lot of unused space in the middle that seems could be put to better use......
    There are icon skins at TAKEphONE's website, and also following the link in my signature.
    As for the space in the middle, you can have TAKEphONE display the calendar line, last call, weather forecast (if you have the program 4cast), and a clock (again, check out TAKEphONE's and my links for clock skins). The developer is also considering adding tasks to the display. Dig through the program's preferences, and experiment with the look that works best for you.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by RenaC View Post
    I absolutely LOVE the Purple Rose skin and the iGlass violet skin. I love purple so much, you have no idea! Beautiful work!
    thank you!
    How were you able to do the skins? TP doesn't have a desktop app like Skinner.
    The developer released a skinmaker for it. Although I haven't used Skinner's desktop app, I'm guessing it's more sophisticated. TAKEphONE's skinmaker requires some knowledge of rcp files, etc. The most recent version is available here. If you want to look at even more skins (sports, movie themes, etc.) then you need to check out this thread

    Btw, it was NOT my intention for this thread to be "taken hostage" by TAKEphONE. TC forum member phwelo has done some awesome work in dressing up the Treo/Centro, and it would be a shame if his work came to an end. I'd suggest if anyone has questions regarding TAKEphONE as a paid alternative, to hop on over to those forums threads which are devoted to it:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=159023
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138559

    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    There are icon skins at TAKEphONE's website, and also following the link in my signature.
    As for the space in the middle, you can have TAKEphONE display the calendar line, last call, weather forecast (if you have the program 4cast), and a clock (again, check out TAKEphONE's and my links for clock skins). The developer is also considering adding tasks to the display. Dig through the program's preferences, and experiment with the look that works best for you.

    I guess I'm just a dingbat, but I don't see where to download or purchase your themes...
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  17. phwelo's Avatar
    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    #17  
    lol, nobody ever told me i'd get paid if i recreated the pink one! somebody attach the phone.prc from after the update and i'll give it a shot
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    I guess I'm just a dingbat, but I don't see where to download or purchase your themes...
    They're all free, available by following the link below, in my signature (they're in zip files). Alternatively, you can get them here Hope this helps.
    Good to see phwelo back in the discussion
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    lol, nobody ever told me i'd get paid if i recreated the pink one! somebody attach the phone.prc from after the update and i'll give it a shot
    HOW? Where do I find it? I can email it to you... just tell me how! LOL

    YAY!!!

    Phwelo, pm me and I will get it to you! You've got money on the line and you can get another Centro or screen and get back to making cute stuff! LOL
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  20. phwelo's Avatar
    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    #20  
    haha believe it or not, the only reason i got so bored as to check treocentral even though i don't have my phone anymore is because day before yesterday our laptop, tv, and xbox were all stolen. my lonely desktop is the only thing i have left :P

    the phone.prc should be found in rom still - using any file manager you should be able to copy it to your card and then from there copy it to a computer using cardexport or some such or you can probably email it/bluetooth it over to a PC.

    if you are a power user at all on your centro resco explorer is a must have! it allows you to see your palm's files in a logical structure and even lets you view resources inside of any palm file. i haven't found anything else that comes even close.

    that being said in resco you would click rom over on the left and scroll down to phone.prc and just drag and drop to your card on the left side and choose copy. easiest way from there is to use cardexport or just pop the sd card into your computer if you have a reader laying around and copy the file over.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions