Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    oh and if anyone has a template for mobile web page pls let me know. i'm hoping not to spend much time on that part if possible. I know css and html but i'm sloow at it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    I think the reason I figured all this out has a lot to do with me not being afraid of a hard reset a couple times a day.

fixing up the new house is starting to get less intense. on my list of projects is to build a website to organize all of the stuff i've made and get some tutorials created. is there anyone out there with gsm centro and verizon centro that would send me all files from rom and test stuff (someone not afraid to have to do a hard reset)? i'd like to get stuff going for all carriers. if anyone has suggestions or wants to send pictures that they'd like to see as alert icons go for it
    OMG! A web page!? Tutorials!? Organized in one place!? *thud* *gets back up and does a little happy dance*

phwelo you absolutely ROCK!
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hey!! That would be great! Tutorials! I need direction with a lot of things, believe me...lol
    Ok I did get the pink bluetooth/headset/battery icons to work and GUESS WHAT!! I have PINK smilies. Ok, so I get excited about silly stuff, but it worked on my Verizon Centro. I used resco trial version, which i'll be purchasing. I also invested in TakePhone and really am starting to enjoy the changes in the look of my phone.
    Now if I could get some cool alert bells and some wallpapers/backgrounds on more screens, I'd be a happy girl. I know getting these would be easier if I weren't so new...but I'll learn.
    I guess I said all that to say this...to phwelo that those files work on VZW centro fine.
    I never did find Hello Kitty or some of the other stuff posted in the other thread, but I'm good for now!
    Quote Originally Posted by loribug26 View Post
    Hey!! That would be great! Tutorials! I need direction with a lot of things, believe me...lol
    Ok I did get the pink bluetooth/headset/battery icons to work and GUESS WHAT!! I have PINK smilies. Ok, so I get excited about silly stuff, but it worked on my Verizon Centro. I used resco trial version, which i'll be purchasing. I also invested in TakePhone and really am starting to enjoy the changes in the look of my phone.
    Now if I could get some cool alert bells and some wallpapers/backgrounds on more screens, I'd be a happy girl. I know getting these would be easier if I weren't so new...but I'll learn.
    I guess I said all that to say this...to phwelo that those files work on VZW centro fine.
    I never did find Hello Kitty or some of the other stuff posted in the other thread, but I'm good for now!
    See Post #127 in the other thread, it has the alert icon set with Hello Kitty. You have to extract the Hello Kitty file from the zip archive ((there are 4 different icons), copy the file to your SD card and then move it to RAM. You may have to soft reset your phone for it to show up. Also I'm not sure if the alert icons work with Verizon phones.

Good for you for getting all this figured out on your own. There is a lot of stuff to wade through to find it, but the best way to learn is by doing.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks Elfyn! I like to learn by doing, but sometimes I'm a chicken :! I think I'm getting more comfortable with the possibility of hard resets. I have a couple backup programs now, and *think* I've figured out how to work them!
    I'll give the icons a whirl....
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ok so I thougt I'd be slick and try to copy the phone files from my VZW centro so maybe I could get them to phwelo....but alas I am NOT techie enough b/c I had to hard reset twice. I must have touched a bad place..LOL. so now I'm back to a blank phone. Hoping the reloading & hot syncing fixes me back 2morrow. And I was so happy w/most of it...I had even gotten the Hello Kitty to work!
    Still I'm dreaming of some pink phone buttons and a step by step installation manual I guess since that seems the only way I'll get to join the cool club....
    paypal coming your way phwelo--for all your hard work!
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Do these phone skins require any program like TakePhone or Ultimate phone or are they just for any Sprint Centro?
    They were made for the Sprint Centro, but some have been successful using them with ATT and Verizon as well. No skinning program required.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i've gotta correct that: att I think some of it hasn't worked for. verizon seems ok with most. and thanks lori for the donation! i'll be getting to work on the website tonight. hopefully have at least something up in a few days
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You're welcome phwelo, thank you!
    I've gotten the Hello Kitty icon, pink bt, battery to work w/my VZW centro. The pink buttons I couldn't get to work...I think some combo of trying that and trying to copy my files to send crashed my phone. I actually managed to restore it off my card last night after multiple hard resets...my phone hates me...LOL
    If I get ballsy enough to try agian in a couple days I'll let you know...there seem to be several phone related files in rom & ram...I'll try to email them directly to you...
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    yep i got the email on my phone, haven't gotten a chance to look at the attachment but by the sounds of it most stuff will be the same between verizon and sprint centros.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    There are several other phone files....idk what they all are. I wonder what is different enough to crash my phone? Then again i'm not real sure I know exactly how to copy it over right. i'll see what else I can send....thanks again!
  13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    They were made for the Sprint Centro, but some have been successful using them with ATT and Verizon as well. No skinning program required.
    Well that's cool. Ill give this a whirl someday.
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok, is there a red version for sprint that works after that update?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Ok, is there a red version for sprint that works after that update?
    there should be one later tonight, along with a second red phone skin with modified buttons. as long as I can figure out how to get these blinds up in the next few hours....
  16. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    LOL. Ill hang your blinds if you tear up my flooded basement carpet!!!

I might need you to PM me some kind of *****-proof explanation too. I just put Resco trial version on here to figure it out.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    LOL you know hanging blinds & tearing stuff up is right down my ally...I'll do that...you guys figure out all this techie stuff for me! I need step-by-step directions too LOL
  18. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    We got almost all the carpet up. I was PISSED when there was not concrete there...there was some godawful tile. That's soaked also. FUN.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    well for this one i made it a little easier. you just download it and hit "yes" and "accept" a couple times. i also started my webpage. it's going to be http://phwelo.mobi

The only path that will currently get you anywhere will be "hacks" -> "phone" -> that's where you can find the red phone and red gel button phone installers. the gel button one's "1" button is black though, cause it's not finished. oops.

so for those that don't care to look at my progress so far here's a link straight to the phone stuff.

http://phwelo.mobi/hacks/Phone/index.html
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    We got almost all the carpet up. I was PISSED when there was not concrete there...there was some godawful tile. That's soaked also. FUN.
    Yep, we had flooding here too. Made for a fun weekend.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast