Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    well my wife really doesn't like me messing with her phone but she took a nap and i stole phone.prc off her's and then hotsynched and then tested this. looks just like the old pink phone and works like a charm. install just like before by using resco to copy it to ram

**edit: see the next post for a self-installing version
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phwelo; 08/02/2008 at 06:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Ah here, since not everyone has Resco Explorer I went ahead and made an installer for it. Just hotsynch this and it should auto-launch and install and then show you the new Pink Phone screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by RenaC View Post
    TP does more than UP, so I would be willing to buy this.
    Exactly what does TAKEphONE do that UltimatePhone cannot?
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Exactly what does TAKEphONE do that UltimatePhone cannot?
    It's been awhile since I used UltimatePhone, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. TAKEphONE's strengths lie "under the hood," so to speak, such as it's numerous contacts' search options, filtering/search of call log, greater customization of the use of the "Phone" button, ability to capture phone numbers/text from other applications and dial/do internet searches, custom telephony options (like calling card, insert prefix, etc.), and pauses from #'s in contacts. On the surface (gui), it allows one to skin the buttons as well as the background. I also like the clock in TAKEphONE (a plug-in), as it's bigger and easier to read.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    Ah here, since not everyone has Resco Explorer I went ahead and made an installer for it. Just hotsynch this and it should auto-launch and install and then show you the new Pink Phone screen.
    You updated it?!!? Can I email this to my phone and load it that way?

And by the way, what is your PayPal email address?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  6.    #26  
    ps, I am SO sorry to hear about all of your toys being stolen.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    It's been awhile since I used UltimatePhone, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. TAKEphONE's strengths lie "under the hood," so to speak, such as it's numerous contacts' search options, filtering/search of call log, greater customization of the use of the "Phone" button, ability to capture phone numbers/text from other applications and dial/do internet searches, custom telephony options (like calling card, insert prefix, etc.), and pauses from #'s in contacts. On the surface (gui), it allows one to skin the buttons as well as the background. I also like the clock in TAKEphONE (a plug-in), as it's bigger and easier to read.
    I don't know exactly what you mean by some of those things, but I do know that UltimatePhone DOES have an amazing internet integration, texting integration (although much better looking than the default Centro smsing, I admit it's lack of threaded-ness renders it quite unusable in comparison), speedy contact search, the wallpaper can be skinned, and the display layout can be quite customized to your liking. Plus the overall program just looks BEAUTIFUL, especially with the screen fade animations between views.

I'm not trying to be rude by any means at all, I hope it doesn't come off that way. I've just heard nothing but good about TAKEphONE on the forums and quite a few people saying they don't care for UltimatePhone... and I've tried Tp twice know and I disliked it enough to delete it both times.... And I feel that UP is a must-have app for my phone. Just trying to understand why most people feel Tp is the ultimate app.

Everyone, please feel free to help convince me.
    well my wife really doesn't like me messing with her phone but she took a nap and i stole phone.prc off her's and then hotsynched and then tested this. looks just like the old pink phone and works like a charm. install just like before by using resco to copy it to ram

OMG! You did it! I have my pretty pink dialpad back. <Elfyn does a happy dance> Bless you phwelo! I can't thank you enough. I am sending you $10 right now.

PS I'm so sorry to hear of the theft of your things. I hope they catch the thieves and string them up by their short hairs.

And thanks to Bektek for starting this thread so we could get our pinkness back!

A very happy Elfyn
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    my email's phwelo@gmail.com for paypal and everything else too. you should be able to email it to your phone and run it i think, but i made it with hotsynching in mind.
  10.    #30  

phwelo, On both types of files, I'm getting "Failed: DB Corrupted" - I've tried resco to move it from the card to RAM, and I've tried the installer. On the installer, the hotsync process just stalls when it's trying to install the phone.prc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Phwelo, I loaded the installer version but it doesn't work for my phone. Is that because my service is with Verizon? I have restored my phone but I don't have the pink phone. I don't have Resco and I didn't understand the various steps from the previous Red Smilies thread. Should the installer version in this thread work for my phone? If not, can you make an installer version that will work for my phone. I can tell you do amazing stuff. Thanks!
    Please explain. I am here to learn!
    Sorry 4 being such a nitwit, but how do I install without hotsync. Where do I copy the file to install w/ phone? I've tried with Resco Explorer. Can't seem to get it right. Thanx in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by NonTech View Post
    Phwelo, I loaded the installer version but it doesn't work for my phone. Is that because my service is with Verizon? I have restored my phone but I don't have the pink phone. I don't have Resco and I didn't understand the various steps from the previous Red Smilies thread. Should the installer version in this thread work for my phone? If not, can you make an installer version that will work for my phone. I can tell you do amazing stuff. Thanks!
    I believe phwelo's dialpads only work on Sprint phones.

Elfyn
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalsis View Post
    Sorry 4 being such a nitwit, but how do I install without hotsync. Where do I copy the file to install w/ phone? I've tried with Resco Explorer. Can't seem to get it right. Thanx in advance.
    1. Save the file phone.prc to your SD card. Or save it to your PC and use a card reader to put it on your phone's SD card.

2. Using Resco Explorer, copy or move the file (phone.prc) from the card to your phone's RAM.

Elfyn
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    phwelo,
    Can you make me a red one with these buttons? If not, that's ok.
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/red-skin...o-650,537.html

I'm paypaling $15.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfyn View Post
    1. Save the file phone.prc to your SD card. Or save it to your PC and use a card reader to put it on your phone's SD card.

2. Using Resco Explorer, copy or move the file (phone.prc) from the card to your phone's RAM.

Elfyn
    Elfyn - any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong with the phone.prc? I have emailed it to my phone, I've tried hotsyncing... I open the attachment, then "Save to card" to a place where I can find it, then I drag it over to RAM... is this the procedure? I get "Failed: DB corrupted" after 95% completed...

Thanks for any help.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Elfyn - any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong with the phone.prc? I have emailed it to my phone, I've tried hotsyncing... I open the attachment, then "Save to card" to a place where I can find it, then I drag it over to RAM... is this the procedure? I get "Failed: DB corrupted" after 95% completed...

Thanks for any help.
    Do you have the ability to Hotsync? If so try downloading the installer version to your PC. Double click it which should put it in your Hotsync que. Then Hotsync your phone.

I installed it by using the phone.prc version. I downloaded that to my PC. I then put it on my SD card (using CardReader). I then used Resco Explorer to move the file to the phone's RAM.

Hopes this helps.

Elfyn

If you're not using the installer version then Resco Explorer is the only wat to get it into the phone's RAM. Neither dragging or using a program like Filez will work.
  18.    #38  
    I have hotsync'ed. It stalls at the "Installing Pink phone for Udated Centros" and I waited about 20 minutes......lol I also have Resco and dragged the file to RAM from the card. It starts the task then it aborts giving the message "Failed: DB Corrupted".
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    I have hotsync'ed. It stalls at the "Installing Pink phone for Udated Centros" and I waited about 20 minutes......lol I also have Resco and dragged the file to RAM from the card. It starts the task then it aborts giving the message "Failed: DB Corrupted".
    Well I'm stumped then. Maybe try redownloading the Phone.prc file. Don't email it or hotsync. Then rather than dragging try using Move or Copy with Resco Explorer. That's all I can think of to try. Hopefully Phwelo will chime in soon with a solution.

Elfyn
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfyn View Post
    Well I'm stumped then. Maybe try redownloading the Phone.prc file. Don't email it or hotsync. Then rather than dragging try using Move or Copy with Resco Explorer. That's all I can think of to try. Hopefully Phwelo will chime in soon with a solution.

Elfyn
    Me 2?!? Should it load automatically when moved to Phone RAM?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast