1.    #1  
    I am trying to upgrade my client's Good Server from 4.9.3.2 to the latest version 5.0.

I am not sure how to do this because when I hit add/remove in the setup window for the good install package I downloaded it says that "you cannot install Good Messaging Server products on machine working as domain controller or global catalog server".

It's already installed on this machine and working fine, which is what I don't get. I didn't do the initial setup, but am trying to do this upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Mack
    Hi Mack,

I saw your question both here and the GMM forums, so i thought i'd take a stab at it here.

We had this question asked a couple months back. Unfortunately, in GMM 5.0, they removed the ability to install GMM Server on a DC or and Exchange Server.

Right out of the Good Admin Guide for Exchange, page 36.

Installing Good Messaging Server on a Microsoft Exchange server
    machine is not supported. Installing Good Messaging Server on a
    domain controller is not supported.

I thought there was a work around, but can't recall at the moment.
  3.    #3  
    Oh wow, that sucks. Thanks for the response, I was beginning to feel pretty lost with no answer in sight.

So, let me ask you this if you know: If I have the current goodlink server installed on the exchange/DC machine, how can I move it over to another server on my network seamlessly? Is there much involved in that?

Thanks
    So here is the irony. I believe in GMM 5.0, you can float users between GMM servers, however i don't think that capability is available in 4.9.x.

In the Good Admin Guide, read page 212 (make sure to read both the 4.9 and 5.0 manual)

http://www.good.com/documentation/Go...e_exchange.pdf

I think it would be easier to move it to a 4.9.x host and then upgrade to 5.0.4

(not exactly sure, as i've never had to do that. Our instance has always run independently)
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the advice again.

I think I'm going to install 5.0 on another server and try and migrate.