Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    hi Folks

    Could anyone post pics of what type of AC/charging input does the Palm Centro Battery Charger have.

    Reason I ask is, I have a treo 800w, since both that and the Centro use the same battery, was wondering if I can get that charger from centrodepot.com ($39.99, incl free battery) and use it.

    thanks

    BigMots
  2. #2  
    800w uses a mini usb...the centro uses palms own connector...so they won't work together.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinH1991 View Post
    800w uses a mini usb...the centro uses palms own connector...so they won't work together.
    Do you have the Centro charger?

    The 800w version has both connectors. BigMots and I were wondering if the Centro version had both connectors as well.

    If someone who actually has the Centro version could chime in it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Last edited by BBossman1; 08/03/2008 at 07:53 AM.
  4. #4  
    The Centro Doesn't have a USB port, so there would be no reason for it's charger to come with a connector for it.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    The Centro Doesn't have a USB port, so there would be no reason for it's charger to come with a connector for it.
    Do you have the Centro charger?

    The 800w does'nt have the Palm connector but the charger has the connector for it as well as the micro usb. We would like to hear from someone who has the Centro version of the battery charger.

    Thanks
    Last edited by BBossman1; 08/03/2008 at 08:25 AM.
  6. #6  
    img002.jpg

    Heres a pic of the Palm Charger and battery for the 800w. As you can see it has the female ports for both the 800w's Micro USB AND the old Palm style connector. Both work, as I have used wall chargers for both styles to charge my batteries.

    While we all know Palm does'nt always do the most logical things; if they were going to make 2 different chargers you would think they would make one specific to each phone as opposed to one specific and one universal, but...

    If someone who bought the "Centro version" could post up, we might be able to save someone some money here.

    Thanks
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Do you have the Centro charger?

    The 800w version has both connectors. BigMots and I were wondering if the Centro version had both connectors as well.

    If someone who actually has the Centro version could chime in it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Ummm I have a Palm Centro via Verizon Wireless and I know it is a standard palm connector. I have also seen an 800w and it uses mini-usb for everything. Do I need to give links to prove this to you or are you still going to not believe me?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinH1991 View Post
    Ummm I have a Palm Centro via Verizon Wireless and I know it is a standard palm connector. I have also seen an 800w and it uses mini-usb for everything. Do I need to give links to prove this to you or are you still going to not believe me?
    Dude, apparently you are unclear as to what we are trying to determine. I have a Centro as well as an 800w. I am well aware of what connections are on the phones; we are discussing the Palm Charger and spare battery that is available from Palm and several other sources.

    The Palm Charger is shown in the attached image of my previous post. It is a small square unit into which you place a spare battery for charging and storage. The one pictured is the one I purchased for my 800w from Palm. Palm also offers one for the Centro under a different part number.

    If you look at the picture you can see that the charger for the 800w accepts both the Palm style connector and the micro usb for power. What BigMots and I want to know is: does the one listed by Palm for the Centro have both connectors as pictured in the image?

    I appreciate your input, but if you don't have the Palm Charger for the Centro you can't add anything usefull here.

    Thanks
  9. #9  
    I just talked to Palm and from what they say the centro one only has the palm port...And that you can use the 800w one to charge the battery but if the battery is damaged from using a Charger not meant for the Centro then you may void a warranty.

    They weren't very helpful so I wouldn't take this as a definite answer.

    Sorry I wasn't understanding what you meant originally, I gotcha now.
    My suggestion is since nobody here seems to have these chargers is to talk to palm directly...

Posting Permissions