1.    #1  
    POP setup with Charter. Recieve works just fine, but cannot send. I get a "Send attempt failed" in the activity log.

What gives? I verified my POP/SMTP setting with Charter and it still doesn't work.

Thanks
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
  2.    #2  
    I found a thread that shows the VersaMail 4.0.7. I'm on 4.0.1. does anyone know how I would go about updating?

Thanks
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
    see this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168543

your isp may be blocking smtp request so you will have to setup on your carriers smtp server and then use the option in Versa Mail to use your email as the return to addy

I was able to get mine to work though using the suggestions in that thread
  4.    #4  
    Thanks osidak. I actually found your thread before posting and tried enabling the authentication, but unfortunately it still doesn't work.

Do you happen to know where I can find out what the Sprint wireless SMTP server name is?
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
  5.    #5  
    Still needing help with the send issue if anyone has more ideas. Thanks.
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
  6.    #6  
    I got it working finally. It required using the Sprint SMTP server (smtp.sprintpcs.com) with authentication turned on for the outgoing server. The authentication info is for your Sprint email address and password. Tech support also had to enable the smtp server to accept messages.

A lot more complicated than I thought it should be, but I'm happy to having it working now. Hope somebody else can benefit from this information. Feel free to PM me or reply if you need help.
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><