1.    #1  
    Hi

I am the owner of an original unlocked Centro.
    I have noticed that when the phone looses network coverage the Centro freezes for a few seconds then searches and connects to the network again.
    This happens completely randomly. I have nothing installed on the phone. I have tried soft resets, hard resets but I am always having the same result.
    When I switch off the phone and use it only as a PDA it does not freeze at all. I am sure something is wrong with the phone application.
    Do you guys have the same kind of issue or am I the only one ?

Thanks for your help
    This is normal behavior. The phone radio takes control over the device when it is searching for a signal. So you get a freeze while the radio is hunting.

As you already found out, this freeze does not happen when the phone radio is turned off.

Yes, the slowdown is common when your signal is weak. You can force roaming when your signal is weak if you want to avoid it.
  4.    #4  
    How do you force roaming Tony ?
    In the Phone application, go to Options -->Roaming Preferences.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6.    #6  
    I did not find any Roaming option in the Phone App I suppose I am not allowed to use roaming.
    This freezing is very annoying and it happens quite often. I have even tried with another SIM card.
    The software version is : Centro-1.02-ROW.
    The firmware version is : G.R01.13

Any other idea ?
    Who is your carrier? I guess maybe they don't allow roaming on other networks.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.