1.    #1  
    Since the centro received the update they have a "My Location" option in google maps, can the 755 have the same option.
    It has the option, but it won't work unless and until Palm decides to do the update to the operating system that will allow the functionality to work. My guess is that we'll never see it as the 755p is nearing EOL.
    The Treo 755p CDMA chipset is different than the Centro. "My location" doesn't t function with current API's and given that the 755p is nearing end-of-life with all providers, it's extremely unlikely anything will ever change in that regard.

Presumably the next Palms will have built-in GPS, as does the 800w.

However, if you search this forum, there is a donorware application called "Where Am I?" which works with a BT GPS receiver (and Google Maps).

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    My problem is when I install the new Google Maps, I ONLY have "my location" and I can't even type in it any more...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    My problem is when I install the new Google Maps, I ONLY have "my location" and I can't even type in it any more...

Gary
    Can you elaborate?

H
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post

Gary
    I'm not sure I fully understand, but I can say that I've had problems after trying to install Google Maps Mobile multiple times. You may want to reinstall if you haven't already.

And you may want to make sure you've got a good signal the whole time it's downloading. Then just "save and open."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.