1.    #1  
    I have a 700p that has been working fine until yesterday. Now when I press the phone button it goes to whatever screen was last viewed. Now I can't ever get to the phone screen to make phone calls. I can receive calls OK - just can't make any.
    What's the point of a phone that can't make any calls? I reset the phone with the button inside but no joy. It still acts the same way. I called Sprint and they weren't any help at all. They said to take it in to the store and get it replaced on insurance since they thought there was something wrong with the button. Duh - the alt-phone button works fine to get to the internet bookmarks page. Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Is there a way to fix it by changing a setting or something. I really don't want to do a hard reset or swap out my phone for a different one.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    can you get to the phone app through the launcher? Have you installed a new program recently?
  3.    #3  
    phone app through launcher does not work either.

No new programs recently
    Sprint
  4.    #4  
    I ran nvbackup and saved everything.

Then I did a hard reset.
    I was then able to get to the phone screen from the phone button.

Next I did a restore from the nvbackup I had just made.

Now it's back to not working. The phone button does not go to the phone screen.

And Sprint CS thinks it's a hardware problem

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this one setting without losing all of my other settings etc.
    Sprint
    Is it worth trying to fix? Might be worth just hard resetting and restoring only your pim data and installing your apps from scratch again. It gets you a nice clean treo and will probably be less time intensive that tracking down which program or setting is killing you.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Is it worth trying to fix? Might be worth just hard resetting and restoring only your pim data and installing your apps from scratch again. It gets you a nice clean treo and will probably be less time intensive that tracking down which program or setting is killing you.

How do I restore only pim data?
    Sprint
  7.    #7  
    I can't make any calls outbound from my phone. Even going into contacts and trying to dial from there does not work.
    Sprint
  8.    #8  
    I went in with FileZ and deleted PhoneCallDB which it complained that it couldn't delete but it did anyway and it fixed the problem. I guess I couldn't expect a Sprint CS rep to tell customers how to do that. Anyway I'm back in business - minus the call log.
    Sprint
    I seem to have the same problem. I can go to the web. I even got a message I had a new phone message but I can not access the phone screen through contacts, through launcher or the phone button.

I have tried a soft reset.

I do not understand why you deleted the Phone data base. I do not know how to do this. I do not have file ease or a similar program.

Please can anybody help.

Thanks.
    With the clue to delete PhoneCallDB, which I did not know how to do, I decided to do a back up. I had had a back up program for a year and I backed up 4 days ago.

So for the first time, I did a restore. Amazing as it restores it asks for certain files do you want the old one or the new one and suggests the new one. So for all the files but PhoneCallDB I took the new version but for PhoneCallBD I took the old one. At the end of the back up it took a long time for the tero to come back after the Palm circle screen, but it did come up and I was able to enter my pass word and voila I had a phone screen.

It was clearly a software problem. I had had a unique crash the day before. While downloading snapper mail phone froze. I did a soft reset--lost e mails that had been down loaded and could of course not redownload in treo, but could on my laptop. Not sure if this crash was the etiology.

To repeat, I had the exact same symptoms. No phone screen. Not from phone button, not from lancher, not from contact execute phone. Nothing got me to the phone. So clearly a software problem of some kind.

Thanks to the forum. I searched. Found this thread and learned enough to get an important problem fixed in a modest amount of time.

Thanks for the forum and let's continue it. Thanks to the originator of this forum.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    With the clue to delete PhoneCallDB, which I did not know how to do, I decided to do a back up. I had had a back up program for a year and I backed up 4 days ago.

So for the first time, I did a restore. Amazing as it restores it asks for certain files do you want the old one or the new one and suggests the new one. So for all the files but PhoneCallDB I took the new version but for PhoneCallBD I took the old one. At the end of the back up it took a long time for the tero to come back after the Palm circle screen, but it did come up and I was able to enter my pass word and voila I had a phone screen.

It was clearly a software problem. I had had a unique crash the day before. While downloading snapper mail phone froze. I did a soft reset--lost e mails that had been down loaded and could of course not redownload in treo, but could on my laptop. Not sure if this crash was the etiology.

To repeat, I had the exact same symptoms. No phone screen. Not from phone button, not from lancher, not from contact execute phone. Nothing got me to the phone. So clearly a software problem of some kind.

Thanks to the forum. I searched. Found this thread and learned enough to get an important problem fixed in a modest amount of time.

Thanks for the forum and let's continue it. Thanks to the originator of this forum.
    I'm glad my trial and error experience was able to help you get through this problem. Like you said it is obviously a software problem.
    Sprint
    after I solved the no phone screen problem or perhaps near the same time, I would download e mail from mindpsring.com using snapper which had worked perfectly for years. Now after the download, the inbox would be empty. Don't have a clue where the emails went. Any ideas?

Thanks.
  13.    #13  
    Sounds like you had other corruption besides the PhoneCallDB.
    Sprint
    Yes you are rihgt. I did have other corruptions. Snapper technical people suggested reloading snappermail. I hate to get too involved in trying to fix. Didn't want to delete software and start again.

Here is what I tried and so far it works. Went back to the back up I had. This time I accepted only the old files. The back up was swift and when I tried snappermail, it worked. My e mails were in my in box and I could read them. Not sure why two different programs got corrupted or how I did it as I had not added new programs, etc. Good news is, knock on wood, it all seems to be working now.

Thanks for help and interest.