1.    #1  
    Hey,
    Well, I have a heaps of weirdly named folders (eg. symbols and other languages in the name) and I can't delete them. I have tried deleting them through the phone and it says it deleted them but it doesn't. So then I tried enabling card reader and plugging my centro into my pc and it will not let me delete them through that either, it says cannot read from the source file or disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Are the files in the phone or on the card? If in the phone, can you move them to the card then take the card out of the Centro and using your PC delete them?

If you go to Palm Desktop can you delete them from the media page?

Strange.

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    IF they are on the card, can you access them with a regular card reader? IF not, could your card becoming corrupt? You could copy all of the contents from the card to your computer (except those files) and format the card. Copy everything back when you are done.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    same exact problem here- made camera worthless. happened when I tried to use the camera to make a video.

I can't delete but I did get to rename 'dcim' to 'old dcim' and then it created a new dcim and the camera works now.

haven't gotten to a pc with a card reader to try that.

I suspect the camera app corrupted the file allocation table.
    so i'll probably need to put in pc card reader. copy off the good stuff. format the card. and then copy good stuff back.
  5.    #5  
    Hey all,

They are on the memory card. And I cannot delete them with a regular card reader thing either.

I think i'm going to have to format. Thanks for the help
    I had the same problem with LiveSearch on a Windows Treo. The only solution was to copy the still usable folders to a PC, format the card, and copy back, as suggested above.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I had the same problem with LiveSearch on a Windows Treo. The only solution was to copy the still usable folders to a PC, format the card, and copy back, as suggested above.
    Yep, that's what I ended up doing