1.    #1  
    I got Kinoma EX for free recently during a Mother's Day flowers promo. For a while I thought it was one of the best apps ever. I travel in my car a lot and listen to podcasts almost exclusively, and Kimona seemed the best podcast manager/streaming sfw to date. It was an "iPod Killer" for podcasts (but not music) since I no longer had to take my iPod out of my car and sync it with my PC.

However, I've noticed that Kinoma has an intermittent, infuriating tendency to lock up my phone for 15-30 seconds at a time when trying to exit the Kinoma. The worst part is when someone calls. As soon as I hit answer, the phone will often lock up for 15+ seconds, during which time the person calling can hear nothing. Eventually it connects to callers, assuming the other party did not disconnect during the delay. I work in sales so this is pretty unacceptable.

At this point I use Kinoma only to stream a podcasts while it's downloading to my SD card. As soon the podcast is completely downloaded I switch over to pTunes and pick up where the stream left off... so I don't have to deal with the lockups.

Anyone have this issue and/or ideas to resolve?
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    I got Kinoma EX for free recently during a Mother's Day flowers promo. For a while I thought it was one of the best apps ever. I travel in my car a lot and listen to podcasts almost exclusively, and Kimona seemed the best podcast manager/streaming sfw to date. It was an "iPod Killer" for podcasts (but not music) since I no longer had to take my iPod out of my car and sync it with my PC.

However, I've noticed that Kinoma has an intermittent, infuriating tendency to lock up my phone for 15-30 seconds at a time when trying to exit the Kinoma. The worst part is when someone calls. As soon as I hit answer, the phone will often lock up for 15+ seconds, during which time the person calling can hear nothing. Eventually it connects to callers, assuming the other party did not disconnect during the delay. I work in sales so this is pretty unacceptable.

At this point I use Kinoma only to stream a podcasts while it's downloading to my SD card. As soon the podcast is completely downloaded I switch over to pTunes and pick up where the stream left off... so I don't have to deal with the lockups.

I've not experienced those issues, that I recall, but it might be a good idea to reinstall. I think you're supposed to delete the previous installation before starting a new one, but you should check their forums to be sure.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    I responded to your post in the Kinoma forum as well.

http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=1975

-- Charles
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks