1.    #1  
    Well, while starting my phone back up after getting off a plane, my Treo 650 seemed to die. I have tried starting it since and once it even started it for a couplle of minutes before locking up and acting weird again. It mostly will not do anything now. Is there anyway for me to recover all data from it to load on to another Treo, say the 750? I need all contacts and all text messages. Please help.
    Did sync to your PC?

If you back via SD card through a third party application, you still may need a working Treo 650 to restore and export to another format. Other users may have suggestions.
  3.    #3  
    Its ok, I got the data last night by putting the treo in the freezer for 15 minutes then putting in the battery and sync cable. I seem to have all my data now but I wish there was a way for me to view the text message back up to make sure they are complete.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midak View Post
    Its ok, I got the data last night by putting the treo in the freezer for 15 minutes then putting in the battery and sync cable. I seem to have all my data now but I wish there was a way for me to view the text message back up to make sure they are complete.
    Pls use Treodesktop: http://www.treodesktop.com/

It can read and display all messages and call logs synced to your PC (use database from Palm Desktop).
    I admit I was skeptical about your freezer trick but, wow it worked!

My phone died Thursday night, and would not turn back on. I went down to the Sprint store (after 3 F'n hours) they tell me I need to call the 1 800 # for an insurance replacement. I did that, but did not do a sync in about 2 months....doing that now thanks to you...just curious, why did this work? and how long will it work for.

Oh, yeah, I asked them which model would be replacing my 650 and they said the 690? Is this the Centro? and how much better is this than my 650 ( I have grown attached with the Tom Tom gps, and all the other apps it has....

Thanks again...
    Yes, the 690 is the Centro and I HIGHLY recommend, to both of you, actually to everyone - get a back up program (NVBackup, Resco Backup, etc) and backup your phones nightly to the card (this can be set up to do automatically in the middle of the night). It is essential if you use 3rd party programs and things setting up databases or preferences, since you can restore your entire phone after a hard reset in about 3 minutes. Also, I highly recommend that you hotsync at least every few days (I do daily) that way you have TWO places with current copies of your phone.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Cool, thanks...still wondering about the freezer trick...anyone?