Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Im thinking about upgrading to windows vista, are there any problems with hot syncing with the centro?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    If you mean upgrading a current PC to Vista, don't do it - it's a highly unreliable process. And you end up with Vista afterwards.

Buying a new PC with Vista installed will naturally be more successful. But you do end up with Vista afterwards!

Seriously, Vista is not an "upgrade" from anything other then Windows/ME or 3.1 or before.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    For an answer that might actually be somewhat helpful...

The main thing I know of is that Vista will only support a specific version of Palm Desktop, Access Desktop 6.2 (what's on my computer is 6.2.2). And I've had some Desktop-related issues that I don't know whether they're caused by the version or the Centro or something else entirely.

I really only use the Install tool though, so it's not as much of an issue for me. And that works well enough to keep me happy

I'm not a hardcore OS geek by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm decently computer-literate, and I don't really understand why people have to hate on Vista. It sure crashes this laptop a lot less than XP crashed my old laptop. Anyways, I hope my reply was more helpful than the one above me. And I <3 my Centro

shari
    I have a Dell Latitude D630. I upgraded from XP Pro SP3 to Vista Business SP1 last week using the Dell DVD. It took a few hours for the software to upgrade but it went fine. All the devices were recognized but the drivers were all generic MS drivers. I installed the Dell drivers and reinstalled Mcafee. Everything else worked fine, devices, programs etc..

I also installed the Vista Palm desktop from the Palm support web-site. I didn't uninstall the old version. It upgraded the desktop for me with all my settings intact. Seems to work fine although the interface is slightly different.

I'm using a Sprint Centro.