1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I did the SPrint Centro Update and now it seems as if a lot of my programs don't recognize my phone anymore. tried to access a link in Kinoma and I get an error message "A library required to play this media item is missing. Run the Kinoma Player 4EX installer to reinstall the library."

Since Kinoma came on the Centro and I just did the upgrade, where do I find this "installer" that is needed? I've already done a couple hot syncs, since the Centro Update, so I know it isn't coming through hot sync.

HELP! I want my Kinoma back!

Cheers,
    Kim

P.S. Am also posting this on Kinoma.com in case anyone there can assist.
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Aye matey, the same fate befell me after the update. What you have to do is delete kinoma and then reinstall it. Load it back up to your palm desktop and then hot sync it back on. savvy?

Your problems be solved.
    That is the advantage of doing a sync via the card.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Clinger, but since the horse is already out of the gate.... I gotta round em up again. Hey Logmein, is the original Kinoma file on the Original Centro CD? oh man, now where did I put THAT? I also did the upgrade over the air so will that affect which libraries it needs?

Cheers,
    Kim
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    If you didn't do a REAL BACKUP (for example NVBACKUP). Kinoma and other programs will be forever gone. HOTSYNC does not backup.

If you didn't PAY for Kinoma 4 (no longer free upgrade)... then you probably have to purchase.

I backup and restored via NVBACKUP and Kinoma 4 worked fine.
  6.    #6  
    Wait a minute, are you saying that the Kinoma that came with the Centro isn't available anymore? I DID buy the upgrade, and did that "over the air". Kinoma 4EX is showing registered to me, it starts but won't play because the "librabry is missing.

I did a backup using Resco Explorer backup-how is that not a "REAL" backup? I don't know if I can, or how to selectively restore specific programs from the backup. IF I tell it to restore it restores all apps in their original states that still won't work because they don't recognize the "new" phone!

I got Card Export II reloaded and working.

This is really starting to be a major PITA!
    Cheers,
    Kim
    mx1360 is mistaken. The only "real" backup is a Resco Backup....

Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    Wait a minute, are you saying that the Kinoma that came with the Centro isn't available anymore? I DID buy the upgrade, and did that "over the air". Kinoma 4EX is showing registered to me, it starts but won't play because the "librabry is missing.
    Are you saying the built-in Kinoma doesn't work or are you saying you updated Kinoma to a new version and after the Centro ROM update (and subsequent restore) that new version of Kinoma doesn't work?

For example, if you do a factory reset (pull battery, hold red "End" button down, replace battery, keep holding button until 2nd Palm splash screen shows up, release button, press up on dpad), does the built-in Kinoma work?
  9.    #9  
    Treotraveler,

Obviously you are familiar with Resco Backup- can you fill me in on how to selectively chose programs to backup?

Is the Backup function included in the REsco Explorer any different than the stand alone Resco Backup? When I purchased the program( bundled with Resco Photo Viewer) I was under the impression the included backup was the regular backup.

Haven't heard from Charles @ Kinoma yet,am hoping he'll chime in.

Cheers,
    Kim
    Treotraveler,

Obviously you are familiar with Resco Backup- can you fill me in on how to selectively chose programs to backup?

Is the Backup function included in the REsco Explorer any different than the stand alone Resco Backup? When I purchased the program( bundled with Resco Photo Viewer) I was under the impression the included backup was the regular backup.

Cheers,
    Kim
    Resco Explorer has a basic backup function, but does not have all the options of Resco Backup.

To restore from a Resco Backup backup, chose whatever backup set you want and tap 'Restore' and tap the 'Next' button after selecting a set.. Then chose either Restore Now, which is a full restore, file restore or application restore.

Resco Backup will also do a Ram volume Builtin (A) backup and will separately backup your Camera Images in the RAM....

Edit:

I don't use Kinoma 4. It violates my personal rule about buying without a trial period first. So I can't help you with the Kinoma issue you have.....
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Kinoma 4EX is not and never was in the Centro's ROM. What it has instead is Kinoma Embed, so this is something you installed later. Re-install and you will be fine.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    Kinoma 4EX is not and never was in the Centro's ROM. What it has instead is Kinoma Embed, so this is something you installed later. Re-install and you will be fine.
    Sfhub & BadZed,

That's what I'd like to do, but cannot find the kinoma PRC on the Original Palm CD. I realize the Kinoma 4 EX is what I've upgraded to, but where is the original Kinoma file?

Have I got to do yet another wipe of the Centro then a clean install from the CD? ANd if I do that how in the heck do I apply a Resco Backup? If I tell Resco to back up the Centro it will only save these non functioning files and try to reinstall them won't it?

Cheers,
    Kim

UPDATE!

Went to Kinoma's website hoping to find an installer, only found a link to resubmit the reg. key. Also discovered that several links on their site are NOT functioning like the link that says "Download to PC here", and another one regarding Kinoma 4EX!

So since Kinoma's own site wasn't much help and because I had purchased the upgrade, I went and searched my emails for Kinoma and found the original email with the link to the download! Downloaded, hot synced, installed, voila! My kinoma links on the updated Centro are working now!

Wonder what else doesn't work? Still can't figure out why the Resco backup isn't working for me.

Cheers Again,
    Kim
    Last edited by Forgewizard; 07/28/2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Problem solved
    Kim,

I responded at http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=1974 this morning.

Summary: A re-install will solve your problem, and if you run into any difficulties just let us know.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I don't use Kinoma 4. It violates my personal rule about buying without a trial period first.
    Unfortunately, we can't do a trial of Kinoma Player 4 EX because we have to pay the licensing fees for codecs, etc. even for free trials.

We're still working with the IP licensors to see if there's a way we can do this in the future.

That said, if you buy it and it doesn't work like the manual describes, just let us know within 30 days and we'll make it right.

-- Charles
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Thanks Clinger, but since the horse is already out of the gate.... I gotta round em up again. Hey Logmein, is the original Kinoma file on the Original Centro CD? oh man, now where did I put THAT? I also did the upgrade over the air so will that affect which libraries it needs?

Cheers,
    Kim
    Its not on the centro desktop. You have to reinstall kinoma 4x onto your palm. click on the kinoma file from either your desktop or from within your kinoma email message which confirmed your original purchase. clicking on it this way will open it up and put it into your palm desktop download list, so the next time you hot sync it, the kinoma installer will be loaded back onto your centro. then once on your centro, the installer will reinstall the missing library. You should be golden.
    Last edited by logmein; 07/28/2008 at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    You have to reinstall kinoma 4x onto your palm. click on the kinoma file from either your desktop or from within your kinoma email message which confirmed your original purchase.
    And if you don't have that, just go here, email your purchase email address and we'll send you a link to a fresh installer.

-- Charles