1.    #1  
    ok a few questions - first what file format does the palm centro use for videos? i wanna put a couple on my memory card and i dont know what format would work best. also is there a better player then the one it comes wit? cuase i put one movie on there and it came out like tiny..like not even close to useing the screen space avilable. so is that the format or the player? either way though the streaming sucks..it alll choppy andlike half the pic dosent move while little checks move behind it..it annoying. so is there a better player that would fix that or am i sol? thank you so much for your help. OH and one more thing a few palm games i dled are in gb format or exe..neither of those play on my cell..im slightly confused...if anyone has an explantion on why a palm game would be those formats and not prc. i would appreciate it thanks
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Try TCPMP which is free and can handle a myriad of formats. Use something like PocketDivxEncoder (http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/) or something similar to convert your movies
    Quote Originally Posted by sandybunnychibi View Post
    ok a few questions - first what file format does the palm centro use for videos?
    Most formats are able to be handled. (on my 650 I use .avi (320x240 25 fps) Plenty of threads in these forums on the subject of video conversion and playing video on Treos/Centros. The information applicable to Palm OS Treos is equally applicable. You should be able to play video with a good watchable standard on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sandybunnychibi View Post
    OH and one more thing a few palm games i dled are in gb format or exe..neither of those play on my cell..im slightly confused...if anyone has an explantion on why a palm game would be those formats and not prc. i would appreciate it thanks
    Remember that there are Windows and Palm OS Treos. That may explain it.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    The gb format is for Nintendo Gameboy ROM files. You need LJP (freeware gaming emulator) installed on your Centro to run those.
    I use DVD Catalyst 3 and CorePlayer. Haven't really seen a huge difference between TCPMP and it's commercial prodigy, but I like paying for things I use. Since I'm on planes at least 2 days a week, my Centro gets lots of video play.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    Haven't really seen a huge difference between TCPMP and it's commercial prodigy, but I like paying for things I use.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    The difference is in the interface, usability (ahem, NORMAL volume control without having to go into options) and streaming media support (Youtube integration)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    The difference is in the interface, usability (ahem, NORMAL volume control without having to go into options) and streaming media support (Youtube integration)
    Ah, yes, but since I don't tend to use the Youtube, it's not one of the features I use, so it's not a consideration for me.

If I were to get deeper into the product, I'd mention that I think the playback and the sound quality is also better with CorePlayer...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    I use the 5-way for volume control in TCPMP. Seems fairly normal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    I use DVD Catalyst 3 ....
    I downloaded the trial and have been having difficulty with audio sync. Could you advise what settings you're using? Thanks.
    I found that everything I played in TCPMP was a bit off on the audio sync, so I set the A/V sync offset to -200msec in General Preferences, and it seemed to line up better.