1.    #1  
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...3&prodID=15350

Update Description
    7/11/01 - The 2.01 update builds on the extensive enhancements introduced in v2.0 by encapsulating a number of new features and maintenance fixes

Clintonlogon, what are the actual enhancements in 2.01 vs. 2.0?
    <><
    well, I'm not clintonlogan but here's your answer from Landware's Site:

Bug Fixes

[list=1][*]Exchange rates with zeros trailing the decimal point now saved correctly [*]Long budget names/transfers now drawn correctly in budget list view [*]List selection dialogs now work correctly on the Kyocera 6035 [*]Global find no longer crashes when searching by amount or memo [*]Locked memorized transactions now recalled correctly [*]Details dialog UI logic fixed for attempts to delete split children [*]Transfer destination entry now inserted correctly with all register sort modes [*]"Updating summary" dialog now closes correctly when scrolling budget list [*]"PQ:" memo tag is now entered when selecting Activities>Transfer Money [*]"PQ:" memo tag is retained when memorized transactions are recalled [*]Register actions (delete/sort, etc.) now sends you to correct end of register [*]Duplicating historical transactions no longer remove the original [*]Register shading default more readable on 2 bit grayscale systems [*]Auto-capitalization now works correctly when entering new transaction from the list screen [*]Dates now set correctly for users in GMT +1 to +12 time zones [*]Conduit now generates a error message in HotSync log when a currency item lacks an ISO code [*]"**Void**" transactions are now filtered from the desktop Memorized Transaction List [/list=1]

New Features:
    [list=1][*]Register shading/color is now user definable [/list=1]

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    My question is, what do I have to do to install it? Can I just update the palm program or does the whole conduit have to be installed. Do I have to uninstall the old conduit or can I install over it? Just to clear things up, I'm running 2.0.

- Burns
    Burn's Visor page
    Originally posted by Burns
    My question is, what do I have to do to install it? Can I just update the palm program or does the whole conduit have to be installed. Do I have to uninstall the old conduit or can I install over it? Just to clear things up, I'm running 2.0.

- Burns
    Sorry a slight technical hitch prevented us from getting the 2.0->2.01 upgrade wizard online yesterday.

In a nutshell:

1. Ensure you have transferred any newly entered transactions to the desktop
    2. Delete 2.0 from the handheld
    3. Run the windows add/remove application to remove the PQ 2.0 conduit
    4. Run the 2.01 installer
    5. Hotsync.

Your registration status will be preserved.

If you have any trouble our tech support team are there to help at 201 261 7944
  5.    #5  
    Pocket Quicken 2.0 version history:

http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/version_history/
    <><
  6.    #6  
    Interesting discussion over @Palminfocenter:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=2134

PQ2 users will need to be aware of this issue.
    <><
    Good post LanMan. That to me is a serious factor if I were deciding on a Palm/Desktop money management combo. I personally use the MS/Ultrasoft combo and hardly ever even open MS Money unless I want to look at graphs or budgeting info etc. All info goes into the Palm. The desktop software in my case is solely for processing this info.

I was obviously unaware of this issue when I chose my money management solution. I really can't remember what made me choose the choice I did but I'm glad I chose it!

Cheers,

Ark.
    Originally posted by Arker
    Good post LanMan. That to me is a serious factor if I were deciding on a Palm/Desktop money management combo. All info goes into the Palm. The desktop software in my case is solely for processing this info.

Ark.
    Just to reiterate for the benefit of people here. There is a workaround for the people that consider the issue discussed at palminfocenter a problem namely:

Disable the "Send new Transactions" preference in Pocket Quicken. Then say on a weekly basis recheck the pref, hotsync, accept into quicken and you are done.

new desktop balances. transactions etc are all automatically reflected on the handheld even though quicken is not opened on a regular basis
    Any idea when a Mac version will be out?
    ClintonLogan,

I don't remember PQ1 having the problem of missing entries (I have experienced this problem with PQ2 but it hasn't affected me financially). Is there not a way to set a "waiting" status on the transaction and leave it on the handheld?

I do see a potential problem with this issue (issue is probably the best word for it because it's not a bug or a software flaw). When recording what checks I've written without having the check number on hand, I like to use the "Next Check #" feature. If I have a transaction in the "waiting for acceptance" stack in Quicken and they don't show up in PQ, I may enter a double entry for a check #. I'm guessing this wouldn't be a major problem since I think Quicken won't accept the entry if it is a duplicate check #, but it is another issue.

ClintonLogan, I commend your for your desire to dive into user forums. It must be very similar to swimming with sharks ><^>

You've made a great product. Keep up the great work and great Customer Service

- Burns
    Burn's Visor page
    Originally posted by Arker
    Good post LanMan. That to me is a serious factor if I were deciding on a Palm/Desktop money management combo. I personally use the MS/Ultrasoft combo and hardly ever even open MS Money unless I want to look at graphs or budgeting info etc. All info goes into the Palm. The desktop software in my case is solely for processing this info.

I was obviously unaware of this issue when I chose my money management solution. I really can't remember what made me choose the choice I did but I'm glad I chose it!

Cheers,

Ark.
    I disagree. I consider the Quicken Desktop as a "master file" and Pocket Quicken as a companion data entry/query tool. Having the ability to delete or change reconciled transactions would screw up any previous reconciliations.

The discussion in PalmCenter concerned the way new transactions are entered on the Desktop. Pocket Quicken is using the same mechanism as online transactions.
    The only problem I have is that there is no recovery mechanism if a mistake is made. Once the transactions are accepted, that's it. No recovery.
    Most well written and useful Windows software has an undo feature at the minimun. A redo feature is a bonus.