1.    #1  
    in the past several days (after my 1.07 ROM update, but not sure if its related), everyday I wake up in the morning, centro reported "automatic update fail due to fail to establish network connection, code 4620" (may not be accurate as I don't have exact word). When I press ok, it then goes to a soft reset.

anybody know what is wrong here? or any place I can turn off this thing?

Thanks
    I don't use VersaMail, so can't be sure, but it sounds as if your copy might have an option for automatically collecting mail ticked.

Kind Regards,

Jochen
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply, but no, I checked and VersaMail has no any auto connection option(s) checked.
    It's most likely the provisioning update that is failing. Because you ain't up tp press the 'OK' button when the screen pops up.

Provisioning is about the only thing that will do an auto update in the middle of the night.

You can manually do the provisioning update.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    It's most likely the provisioning update that is failing. Because you ain't up tp press the 'OK' button when the screen pops up.

Provisioning is about the only thing that will do an auto update in the middle of the night.

You can manually do the provisioning update.

Thanks, thats probably it!

how do I manually update it?

PS. My PRL is 60613
    Last edited by clevin; 07/26/2008 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Thanks, thats probably it!

how do I manually update it?

PS. My PRL is 60613
    From the default phone app, dial ##3282#

Then when the 'Data' screen comes up, press the device menu button and scroll down to 'Update Vision Profile' and select it.

Then on the 'Preparing Vision Services' screen, tap the 'Now' button.

It will go through the provisioning thing.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    As alternative check, if the icon in the warning message is the red circle with a hand inside the circle, shown here, then the error is coming from the application named Express.

After I did the ROM update, the restore process restored all the default apps, and an application named Handmark Express is one of the default apps. And it evidently defaults to trying an automatic update once every 24 hours, and in my case the attempt has always been scheduled in the middle of the night. I turn on the phone in the, morning and the error message is there.
  8.    #8  
    thank you!

I know I did express update already, so it shouldn't be.

Last night, I altered the system pref settings, such that it can connect to power vision w/o me pressing any button. This morning the error message didn't show up.

But Anyway, i just did ##3282# update, twice, both said "successful", hopefully its ok now.

Thanks again for all your helps.
  9.    #9  
    nononono, its not it!

I checked "ask before connecting to the internet" again yesterday after I thought the problem was solved.

This morning this fail to update warning showed up again!, apparently this is some daily update. the error code is 4610.

I THINK I found the problem this time tho, It might be the auto-update of "My Centro" app. It does have a daily update options checked. I just unchecked it and see if it will solve the problem, I will post back tomorrow to confirm this.
  10.    #10  
    confirmed, its my centro update.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    clevin,

Where did you find that auto update screen on your Centro? "The Centro app"? I'll have to wait and check it (on my wife's Centro).
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  12.    #12  
    aha,

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8...enshot1vn5.png

the selected is "my centro", open it you will see this

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7...enshot2hc0.png

press the menu button and there is an options->update, where you can turn off auto update.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8...enshot3ob9.png
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5...enshot4dy6.png

On a side note, the new "express" app also does auto update everyday at 5am, you can turn that off too.
    Last edited by clevin; 07/29/2008 at 01:47 PM.
    clevin,

Thanks so much for the screen shots. I have not looked at that app since it is my wife's Centro (I use a 755p).

So would you manually update it every once in a while - or not even bother since it might not be a app that is used much.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I have to ask, how did you use to capture the screen images?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    clevin,

Thanks so much for the screen shots. I have not looked at that app since it is my wife's Centro (I use a 755p).

So would you manually update it every once in a while - or not even bother since it might not be a app that is used much.
    I probably won't bother with update unless Im told to by some convincing evidence, before 1.07 ROM update, this auto update never happened, I just don't feel the necessity of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    I have to ask, how did you use to capture the screen images?
    I actually paid the app "screenshot ($15)" , I tried some suggested free solutions, but couldn't get them to work.
    Thanks again clevin.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us