1.    #1  
    My Treo is stock in bootloader. It displays red, green, white and blue bricks. Prior to that it was in the constant hotsync mode, till I removed my battery and now I got "image rom update yes/no", I pressed no and now I am stuck in bootloader as far as I understand. Does anybody know how I can get out of this?
    ive been stuck there myself! i cant remember off hand ... but i do know if you do a search there are great instructions -- try this forum and the web - -

it has something to do with holding the nav button up or something during the reset when the palm logo comes on- once you get "in" go in and delete your temp files, then reset and you should be good to go

Here is what i found for you :

How do I recover from a looping reset?

Looping resets are often caused by a piece of software which tries to force a reset after it has installed itself. Software will force a reset after installation if there are system-wide changes that require the system to be restarted for the new application to function properly. If the new software crashes while being booted by the system, your Treo will enter a looping reset.

There are two ways to get out of the loop:

Method 1: Perform a warm-reset: Hold the up arrow on the 5-way nav and do a pin reset at the same time. Do not let go of the up arrow until you see the Palm logo.

If this is successful then the looping will stop. Your Treo is now in warm-reset mode and will not behave properly. Complete the process by deleting the offending software and most importantly soft reset the Treo afterwards.

Method 2: If the first method fails, the loop may be uninterruptible because of timing issues. Unless you hit the reset at precisely the right point in the loop, you may go back into the loop.

Try this: Go half-way into a hard reset (press the power button next to antenna and pin reset at the same time). WARNING: Do NOT press up to delete all data. At this point your Treo should have stopped looping. Now from this screen do a pin reset and immediately afterwards press the up arrow. If you press the up arrow at exactly the right time then you will break the loop and go into a warm-reset, if you press too late then you're back in the loop. Keep trying!

Note: Do not turn on wireless mode or try to use your Treo while in warm-rest mode. This mode prevents any system extensions from loading and the Treo will behave oddly and with limited functionality. You must perform a soft reset before using your Treo again.
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Are you sure you don't have moisture in the unit? It might be worth it to pull the battery and sealed the unit in a bag of rice for a day.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    ive been stuck there myself! i cant remember off hand ... but i do know if you do a search there are great instructions -- try this forum and the web - -

it has something to do with holding the nav button up or something during the reset when the palm logo comes on- once you get "in" go in and delete your temp files, then reset and you should be good to go

Here is what i found for you :

How do I recover from a looping reset?

Looping resets are often caused by a piece of software which tries to force a reset after it has installed itself. Software will force a reset after installation if there are system-wide changes that require the system to be restarted for the new application to function properly. If the new software crashes while being booted by the system, your Treo will enter a looping reset.

There are two ways to get out of the loop:

Method 1: Perform a warm-reset: Hold the up arrow on the 5-way nav and do a pin reset at the same time. Do not let go of the up arrow until you see the Palm logo.

If this is successful then the looping will stop. Your Treo is now in warm-reset mode and will not behave properly. Complete the process by deleting the offending software and most importantly soft reset the Treo afterwards.

Method 2: If the first method fails, the loop may be uninterruptible because of timing issues. Unless you hit the reset at precisely the right point in the loop, you may go back into the loop.

Try this: Go half-way into a hard reset (press the power button next to antenna and pin reset at the same time). WARNING: Do NOT press up to delete all data. At this point your Treo should have stopped looping. Now from this screen do a pin reset and immediately afterwards press the up arrow. If you press the up arrow at exactly the right time then you will break the loop and go into a warm-reset, if you press too late then you're back in the loop. Keep trying!

Note: Do not turn on wireless mode or try to use your Treo while in warm-rest mode. This mode prevents any system extensions from loading and the Treo will behave oddly and with limited functionality. You must perform a soft reset before using your Treo again.
    Thanks for your help. However I am unable to do either warm or a hard reset. The phone is just in a bootloader menu the moment I put a battery in.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Are you sure you don't have moisture in the unit? It might be worth it to pull the battery and sealed the unit in a bag of rice for a day.
    Cannot be 100% sure. I am in Orlando now on the conference and it is quite humid here. I was not near water at all. Just picked it out of my pocket and it was in constant hotsync mode initially.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Does it have to be for a day? If it was exposed to moisture, did I damage anything by trying to turn it on several times?
    Most of the low tech methods of drying just take some time. You could try it overnight. Either dried rice or the descicant packets that you find in electronics.

Moisture could get in from high humidity or if you were caught in a rainstorm and water happened to get in the wrong place on your phone.

Damage: maybe maybe not. Probably leaning towards the not.
    Try looking at ebag333's boot loader recovery method. (its for 700wx, but the 700p is nearly the same as the 700wx)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d