Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would really love an application like Weatherbug for the Palm. Is there any such thing that will display the current temp and can update every 15 minutes or so? Kind of like Push email.

I've tried a few weather apps and I apologize if this has been discussed but my searches haven't generated anything relevant.. I just downloaded xWeather but it is having an error with current conditions and radar which is kind of important in a weather client.

I know there are apps for WinMobile but I'm a Palm girl.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    4cast but it will only update every hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    I would really love an application like Weatherbug for the Palm. Is there any such thing that will display the current temp and can update every 15 minutes or so? Kind of like Push email.

I've tried a few weather apps and I apologize if this has been discussed but my searches haven't generated anything relevant.. I just downloaded xWeather but it is having an error with current conditions and radar which is kind of important in a weather client.

I know there are apps for WinMobile but I'm a Palm girl.
    Well I'm on the hunt. I too need a good weather program. I have been using xWeather for a long time. I just started having the "Current Conditions" error. I eMailed them twice... NO RESPONSE. Stay away their Support WILL NOT RESPOND even though they still sell the program for $12.95.

Like I said... I'm on the hunt. I will let you know what I find.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    ...can update every 15 minutes or so?
    Just looked at the preference settings in the newish "Weather" by Deluxeware.

http://www.deluxeware.com

Update settings:

-Manual

-Auto update every 15 min / 30 min / 1 hour / six hours / twelve hours

-Advanced scheduler (you select a time and the days of the week when the update is to happen; AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $set$ $as$ $many$ $times$ $as$ $your$ $memory$ $allows$.)

Kind Regards,

Jochen
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Just looked at the preference settings in the newish "Weather" by Deluxeware.

http://www.deluxeware.com

Update settings:

-Manual

-Auto update every 15 min / 30 min / 1 hour / six hours / twelve hours

-Advanced scheduler (you select a time and the days of the week when the update is to happen; AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $set$ $as$ $many$ $times$ $as$ $your$ $memory$ $allows$.)

Kind Regards,

Jochen
    WOWzers, that's pretty! I think I'll give it a try. I just looked at Moxsi's support page and apparently everyone is having the same issue with current conditions.....

Thanks Jochen

UPDATE: I just downloaded Weather from Deluxeware! It's very cool! The system keyguard is replaced with a Weather keyguard and shows you the temp and/or 7 day forecast when you turn the phone on! I love it while it's novel, but I haven't used a keyguard for a long time so I don't know if I'll grow to hate it, but the app sure is nice. The interface is way cool.
    Last edited by Bekktek; 07/26/2008 at 07:32 AM.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Thanks Jochen ..."Weather" by Deluxeware.

Very nice. Thanks...

Still no response from MOXSI Support.
    Florida Tony
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    Thanks Jochen ..."Weather" by Deluxeware.

Very nice. Thanks...

Still no response from MOXSI Support.
    Just noticed that Weather by Deluxeware doesn't have radar or satellite, but it's nice just the same.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Just noticed that Weather by Deluxeware doesn't have radar or satellite, but it's nice just the same.
    My understanding is that it may be added in the future.
    The app is solid. I also use 4cast and xWeather. All for different reasons.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Good Luck
    Ohhh then it will be perfect! Thanks TT..
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Good Luck
    I know you said for different reason i am looking one for my wife simple but nice, which one you recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    I know you said for different reason i am looking one for my wife simple but nice, which one you recommend?
    I would try the Trial of 4cast and Weather. Give it a go for the trial period and see what your wife likes. Keep in mind that 4cast has a one time fee but Weather is a subscription base app.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I use both 4cast and Weather.

4cast offers more detailed info: highs/lows; humidity; visibility; barometer; sunrise/set -- and the developer is awesome!). You can easily update the info either by wireless or via hotsync. It also gives you weather alerts, and maps.

Weather is pretty much "eyecandy", has a keyguard (which I don't use), and a forecast of highs/lows for current, 7 days, and 14 days; humidity; dew point and visibility.

I use both basically as a comparison of the current temp. (I sometimes compare the weather using kmeteo.)

I MUCH prefer the more detailed info from 4cast, and use this app several times a day.

ETA: Although 4cast can't update every 15 minutes, it can be set up to update every hour (or more). However, 4cast is pretty quick (IMHO quicker than Weather), so you could easily update 4cast in just a few seconds.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Finally heard from MOXSI Support.
    "They are working on it" Finally...
    xWeather is a good weather program. Usually very reliable. This was my first issue with support. Response time a bit slow.
    Now I am using two programs, 4cast & xWeather (I had purchased xWeather a while back) I like the radar and satellite views.
    Florida Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    ETA: Although 4cast can't update every 15 minutes, it can be set up to update every hour (or more). However, 4cast is pretty quick (IMHO quicker than Weather), so you could easily update 4cast in just a few seconds.
    You can update 4cast manually as often as you like. Takes a few seconds. I don't (can't) use the auto update feature because my I have my Centro set up to lock after 10 minutes. 4cast won't update while the phone is locked. I emailed Shimon about trying to fix this (store password in 4cast so it can do the auto update) but it doesn't look like he's able to make that happen.

Weather by Deluxeware may be pretty but some features are ridiculous (14 day forecast - yeah right!) Also, many here aren't happy with their bait and switch tactics. Weather was announced as freeware and many here participated in the beta testing and made it better. Once it was ready, freeware became subscription ware. They never mentioned that the beta test was going to lead to an app that cost money.
    Since I like all my stuff to look as thematic and similar as possible, and since I use UltimatePhone from Gx5 for my phone app, I used TreoWeather developed by them. Unfortunately, they have stopped developing it and I think support for it will disappear (and I am noticing more errors with it lately too). Bummer.
    You're right about TreoWeather. I saw there was an update, when I went to download it, it wasn't there.
    xWeather is a good weather program. Usually very reliable. This was my first issue with support. Response time a bit slow.
    Now I am using two programs, 4cast & xWeather (I had purchased xWeather a while back) I like the radar and satellite views.
    floridatony, Thanks for the update! Keep us posted, xWeather is my favorite weather app. Sounds like NOAA changed the web address or something.
  18.    #18  
    I would try the Trial of 4cast and Weather. Give it a go for the trial period and see what your wife likes. Keep in mind that 4cast has a one time fee but Weather is a subscription base app.

Good Luck
    You can buy it for life for $19.95.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  19.    #19  
    I got an email from the developer. He told me that it hasn't had problems since 2004 and that he'd get to work on it and hoped to have a fix by Monday.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    You can buy it for life for $19.95.
    Or, you can get a 20% discount (at Treonauts) for Weather by putting in this code: TOP100.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast