1.    #1  
    I know that the Centro already has an on-screen keyboard that works for any text-entry field in any program (or at least it works in everything I've ever tried), but I'm looking for something a bit more finger-friendly, such as these:

http://images.wirelessinfo.com/image...uch_qwerty.jpg
    http://www.ppclink.com/pub/HiKey03.gif

(I know the first one may be alot more time-consuming to write if it would include predictive text, but I'd be 100% content with a simple double-tap type functionality.. as long as I've got button sizes to match my thumbs, I'd be 100% happy.)

It would make one-handed typing easier in alot of situations, I'm sure others would agree. I searched for one when I first got my Centro and gave up, but I regained hope when I saw the RAM-replacement things phwelo has done in his "red smilies..." thread. Maybe a replacement file could be created and placed in RAM so it works globally, just like the standard Centro on-screen keyboard?

I'm not very tech-savvy when it comes to developing things like this, so I'm not entirely sure how possible it would be to do, but I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Trere used to be ThumbBoardDA for the Palm TX, maybe there is a 320*320 version? Or at least the developer could be tracked down. However, with the size of Centro's screen, I think you will be better off with physical keyboard. (I do use the on screen keyboard for cyrillic language entry though)
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    um.. am I missing something? what is wrong with the keyboard that is right there with real actual touchable buttons???
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    As I said, for me its only necessary when I enter Cyrillic characters: something that is not on the physical keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    As I said, for me its only necessary when I enter Cyrillic characters: something that is not on the physical keyboard.
    You can get a lot of additional characters by pressing the "Alt Key" after entering a period. It also works on vowels to accent them.
    Last edited by floridatony; 07/26/2008 at 10:40 AM.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    To be honest, if you want an on-screen keyboard, get an iPhone. That just doesn't make sense to use an on-screen keyboard on the Centro.
  7.    #7  
    ..maybe I just need to quit texting while driving then
    I can drive and text at the same time. LOL. It is easier with the Centro than the Treo because the keyboard is smaller and easier to reach with the thumb.
  9.    #9  
    The smaller keys make me often hit the wrong buttons. I just thought an on-screen keyboard with more thumb-sized buttons would make it convenient. But I guess dying in a car crash isn't quite that convenient either.. Just made me wonder if it were possible is all.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Get TextPlus for predictive entry. That should simplify things.