1.    #1  
    Blazer and VersaMail are two applications in which you often do not enter text (i.e., when getting/viewing/deleting mail, or navigating among web pages). A number of tasks can be performed with menu items (e.g., Menu-E to empty mail trash, Menu-D to delete messages.) Having to push Menu all the time is a pain. It would be nice if, whenever appropriate for a given context, you could just press the letter of the menu option. Does the Centro do this? The 650 does not.

In VersaMail, the only single-key action that does anything is pushing P when viewing a message--it lets you delete the message (why P instead of D like on the menu??). In Blazer, number keys work if the web page has the 'accesskey' attribute set on HTML anchors, otherwise nothing. What a waste of such a useful keyboard! I'm sure this is a legacy of the Graffiti days, but it seems like it would be a small update to make this work.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Can't say about VersaMail as I don't use it (SnapperMail on the Centro certainly does offer one-key operation.)

Just tried Blazer... no, sorry, Menu is necessary at least for the four items I tried.

Kind Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Blazer navigates just fine with keyboard only.
    In addition to the 5 way nav functions,
    "space" jumps you to the address bar, "backspace" takes you back and "n" takes you forward one page.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    "space" jumps you to the address bar, "backspace" takes you back and "n" takes you forward one page.
    Agreed, but all the other functions (history, refresh, add bookmark, etc) require the menu key (and why does 'n' take you forward instead of 'f' as in 'menu-F', and backspace instead of 'b'?). It seems like it would be easy and useful to improve the one-button navigation.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    (SnapperMail on the Centro certainly does offer one-key operation.)
    I have been satisfied with VersaMail for years, but now you have given me a compelling reason to try SnapperMail.

...But: $60 for the only version that supports IMAP? I think I may prefer to stick with VM!
    Last edited by Jeff DLB; 07/25/2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: add 2nd sentence
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    "Agreed, but all the other functions (history, refresh, add bookmark, etc) require the menu key (and why does 'n' take you forward instead of 'f' as in 'menu-F', and backspace instead of 'b'?). It seems like it would be easy and useful to improve the one-button navigation."

my guess is tha "N" means next
    All the other features are accessible by pressing the spacebar and then navigating up with 5way
    For versamail: while reading an email press backspace to delete and go to next message, spacebar to go to next message, 0 to go to previous message, h to expand or collapse header. There might be other one-key shortcuts too.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    For versamail: while reading an email press backspace to delete and go to next message, spacebar to go to next message, 0 to go to previous message, h to expand or collapse header.
    Thank you!! I had been testing in message-listing mode, and never tried the space bar (which is the only one that does anything), so I had not discovered these. It looks like P, L, . and Bkspc all delete the current message, and Ret goes back to the message list.