1.    #1  
    When I connect my hotsync cable my Centro goes into a reset loop!

I'll get the First Access screen, then the orange Palm with progress bar, then an Orange Palm and back to the Access screen, then to "System Lockout" where the password is supposed to go, but it quickly goes all black and then changes to the Orange Palm screen then back to the access screen!

I have taken out the battery and re inserted it.

Exited Hot sync

Restarted my PC

Now what?

IF I am NOT connected to the hot sync cable, the Centro seems to be O.K.!

HELP me please!

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    how about a hard reset, then update firmware again, followed by a hotsync to restore everything.
  3.    #3  
    Well two hard resets and several hours later....

Ended up uninstalling Card Export II Hot syncing then reinstalling Card Export II. Am still checking out other apps.

So much for Palm's 15 minute update!

Cheers,
    Kim
    I updated my centro and everthing was fine till i snyced using palm desktop, then it sends it into a looping reset.
    Same reloop problem here, couldn't canel sync on phone or computer. I had to hard reset phone, unplug cradle, finally quit and worked.
    I also Java settings, glad I keep a hard copy in Download file on computer so I could reload.
    Haven't tested everything else yet, but upgrade went smooth until this.

This was done over computer, I would suggest you have hard files as above just in case something is needed for reload.

My location works fine but don't know if it is worth the hassle. Guess I need to go on a trip to see
    Did you follow the update procedure exactly?

1. Backup (hotsync or use a backup utility)
    2. HARD RESET
    3. Install updated firmware with power to the Centro
    4. Click on any prompts/etc during the upgrade that would otherwise pause the update process (this did not happen to me).
    5. Let it reset a few times until it comes up to the phone screen (as per the instructions; but I am thinking this is where your endless relooping was occuring).
    6. HARD RESET (I always do this again after the firmware upgrade is complete, just to be sure).
    7. Hotsync or restore from backup program.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  7.    #7  
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Did you follow the update procedure exactly?
    Yup! When I got it to stop looping ( hard reset- erase all data), I uninstalled Card ExportII, then Hot synced, rest, and then installed Card ExportII again. SO far it seems to be working. But still don't know why Resco backup didn't restore properly and am having to re enter a lot of registration codes and am testing apps one by one again as well as having to reset my custom colors.

So basically this "update" didn't give me an "Update" as much as it gave me a totally revised phone that my apps don't seem to recognize anymore!

Oh well, its supposed to be betterer now isn't it?

Cheers,
    Kim
    Well, look at it this way - your Centro is now just like new. Hopefully you can find all your registration codes.

One thing - apps store their reg codes in the Saved_Preferences file. If you can find an old copy of that in one of your backups, you could bring pretty much everything back. It's a mixed bag, though, it may cause resets & crashes on down the road. Experience with the NVFS treos tells me it's a good thing to wipe Saved_Preferences every now and then.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Well, look at it this way - your Centro is now just like new. Hopefully you can find all your registration codes.

One thing - apps store their reg codes in the Saved_Preferences file. If you can find an old copy of that in one of your backups, you could bring pretty much everything back. It's a mixed bag, though, it may cause resets & crashes on down the road. Experience with the NVFS treos tells me it's a good thing to wipe Saved_Preferences every now and then.
    Only took me about 4 hours to get it back to where it was. That sucked!!