1.    #1  
    I'm trying to locate software for my Visor that will let me view, assign, and update tasks similar to MS Outlook. I use Outlook tasks to do this currently, so ideally I would like the Visor app to work like Outlook, and have the ability to view and update this data (and sync with Outlook).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Rob
    Is there a reason that you don't want to use the built-in Todo application and sync to Outlook?
    I use this outliner at http://www.codejedi.com
    It interfaces with ToDo, Datebook, and Memo.
    Plus other goodies.
    You can download a trial and the product is inexpensive.

Program author keeps tabs on yahoo groups to answer questions and ask for user enhancements.

There are others out there. Search on the Palm Sites.
  4.    #4  
    I've looked at Shadow Plan, but I need to spend more time with it. I've also looked at ToDo+, and it has some nice additional features, but doesn't address the assignment/ownership of tasks/todo's.

I use Outlook to keep track of tasks and small projects for my group. I assign/delegate tasks, and am assigned tasks that I sometimes delegate to someone else. My primary goal is have this data available on my Visor during meetings. The ToDo application does this, except it doesn't show who owns the task.

Thanks for any input,
    Rob
    Try this
    http://www.stratasystems.com/strawboss/index.html

If you have Thinkdb you can duplicate this functionality
    Originally posted by rob_fishman
    I've looked at Shadow Plan, but I need to spend more time with it. I've also looked at ToDo+, and it has some nice additional features, but doesn't address the assignment/ownership of tasks/todo's.

I use Outlook to keep track of tasks and small projects for my group. I assign/delegate tasks, and am assigned tasks that I sometimes delegate to someone else. My primary goal is have this data available on my Visor during meetings. The ToDo application does this, except it doesn't show who owns the task.

Thanks for any input,
    Rob
    How many people are in your group?

If it's under 16, create a category using each person's name and assign the task to the appropriate category. It's then easy to look at an individual's task, or all the tasks.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    I've played with a few apps out there, unfortunately I haven't seen anything that does quite what you're looking for (naturally). The one that might be closest to what you want is an application called "Progect." Unfortunately, it doesn't allow you to assign tasks - kind of an essential feature you need. However, it does seem to do a pretty good job (compared to others) in syncing "action items" with the todo list. So, if you set up a separate project within "Progect" for each of your task "assignees," it might help you to track them easier (if you are willing to do the assignments in Outlook after hotsyncing when you add new tasks on the handheld).

For the price (free), it also packs in some pretty nice project management features compared to other packages I've played with. The author is a student who has developed it under the GNU license. If you send the him a little school book money, he might be more than willing to add some of the features you want.

I'm managing a lot of very small projects and am trying to figure out how to best use this app right now.

Have fun!