1.    #1  
    I successfully updated to version 1.07 of Sprint firmware on the Centro.

Using the 2.0.2.0 release of Google Maps, when I select "My Location" from the menu, I get:

"Sorry, we can't determine your location at present. Try again at a nearby location."

I tried from a few locations with the same result.

Anybody else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treosized View Post

Using the 2.0.2.0 release of Google Maps, when I select "My Location" from the menu, I get:

"Sorry, we can't determine your location at present. Try again at a nearby location."

You might want to check out the thread below. Several posts concerning Google Maps and Sprint firmware update.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=167975

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Thanks TurboTiger.

Unfortunately, nobody in that thread seems to have this problem...

At this point I'm tempted to just try reinstalling the update to see if it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treosized View Post

Well, I'm not having any issues with My Location. It worked the first time I tapped the menu button.

Your phone was suppose to go into provisioning after the update. Did your Centro do the reprovisioning? Mine went directly to provisioning just after I restored from Resco Backup, soft reset and as soon as it went to data connection.

I have no issues with the update so far....

5.    #5  
    I downloaded the zip file again. Ran through the exact same process again.. and now Google Maps My Location works! Woo hoo!

I'm not going to try to begin to understand how doing the same update twice fixed it....
    I had the same problem but figured it out...

In the phone app, Menu-A (Phone preferences) I had it set to 911 Only. Changed to Location ON and everything worked.

Interestingly, while in Roaming mode, I could get tower locates in the Google maps, even while set to 911 Only. Hmmm....

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!