1.    #1  
    What do you think? My wife likes the size and colors of the centro, but the keyboard is quite cramped, especially (I would guess) with nails.

The 800w has a regular sized Treo keyboard, and to me, feels much nicer.

Windows Mobile vs. POS doesn't really matter, my wife has used both, and slightly favors the POS. But for the future, I seem to think the 800w is a better mobile device.

So I am really just asking about the size of the centro, might it be too small?
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Does she do a lot of text and PIM entry? If not, then the form factor of the Centro might work over the 800.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    had a 600, 650, 700p then strayed to wm mogul (with landscape slider keyboard so much bigger than any treo). came back to centro a couple weeks ago. keyboard doesn't bother me in the slightest.
  4.    #4  
    she will use it for texting mostly. I like the gps and wifi on the 800w, could come in handy...

I'm thinking mostly keyboards and phone size in this comparison.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    I think she should try it and exchange if it does not work for her.
    I have a pink Centro and nails. I have no trouble with the keyboard at all. I'd say if your wife prefers the POS then go with the Centro. As detective mentioned, try it and if it doesn't work for her then exchange it.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.