1.    #1  
    I just got a n810 and paired it with my 755p. On the n810, you have to specify the connection settings for the connection. I entered #777 and left the user/pass information blank. When I connected, it worked fine. However, I saw an icon on my phone that I've never seen before, a bluetooth/laptop icon where the normal bluetooth icon is. I'm wondering if this type of connection will be detected as a DUN/tether connection. For my laptop, I use USB Modem and haven't had any problems for the past several months. NOTE: when doing the Bluetooth-DUN with the n810, I did NOT start up USB Modem. It just worked.

Thanks in advance.
    I would say if you're NOT using USBmodem (or something similar) than it will detect the tethering. Hence the icon....

Have you tried the BT option for USBmodem when connecting?

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  3.    #3  
    The problem is when I start USB Modem and then try to connect/pair from my n810, the n810 tries to dial sprint's data connection and can't since USB Modem has already done that. It fails.