1.    #1  
    Hello all! great site. I will be purchasing my first palm treo tonight. A refurb from ATT. I am torn between the 750 with windows mobile 5 or the 680 with the palm OS. As this will be my first PDA phone im not sure which to pick. I have been amazed at the freeware out there for palm but hate knowing there is something NEWER out there for only a 10 dollar difference. I have googled for days of good comparisons but came up empty handed. Any input would be awesome! I am planning on getting an unlimited data package (if that makes any difference). Pros and cons would be great along with personal opinions. thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBear87 View Post
    Hello all! great site. I will be purchasing my first palm treo tonight. A refurb from ATT. I am torn between the 750 with windows mobile 5 or the 680 with the palm OS. As this will be my first PDA phone im not sure which to pick. I have been amazed at the freeware out there for palm but hate knowing there is something NEWER out there for only a 10 dollar difference. I have googled for days of good comparisons but came up empty handed. Any input would be awesome! I am planning on getting an unlimited data package (if that makes any difference). Pros and cons would be great along with personal opinions. thanks again!
    It really depends on what you want to do with your device. I think everyone in this forum will agree that Windows Mobile is buggy and disappointing. But that only makes the Palm OS Treo 680 a bit better than the WinMo 750. If you need and will use the staggering offering of Palm OS software, then the 680 might have a clear big advantage.
    -- Josh
  3.    #3  
    well, what im going to be doing the most is messaging via the web, checking email, moderate surfing of the web and just getting myself organized. I dont think I am going to be downloading a TON of freeware but I would like to give the phone my own personal touch.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Well with this being your first smartphone purchase, I recommend that you go with the 680. Based on your intended usage the 680 is a solid device. The Palm OS is simple to us and has a ton of 3rd party apps that allow you to put your touch on the device.

If you get the 680, the first app you should get is TakePhone. Worth the money and let's you put your own personal touch on the phone.