Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    I found my device was less stable after upgrade when I used RescoBackup to restore everything. Since then I copied my "Backup" directory to a backup location, and erased everything in the Palm Backup directory. Then did Hard Reset, Hotsync, and manually added back my programs from my original backup directory. There was a lot of old crap in there.

Since then it seems more stable.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Does anybody know how to get the Astraware Solitaire registration back? I haven't had any luck so far.

Also, I only have two PocketTunes skins now. How do I get the ones that were there back? I didn't have anything extra that I had downloaded, just the ones that came with it. I can't remember what the one I used was called. It was all blue and fit a lot more on the screen.
    Was it Sleek (blue)? Here it is, if you lost it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff275 View Post
    Does anybody know how to get the Astraware Solitaire registration back? I haven't had any luck so far.

Also, I only have two PocketTunes skins now. How do I get the ones that were there back? I didn't have anything extra that I had downloaded, just the ones that came with it. I can't remember what the one I used was called. It was all blue and fit a lot more on the screen.
    The Sleek (blue) skin is still there. It didn't go anywhere with the update......

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    Was it Sleek (blue)? Here it is, if you lost it.
    That's it thanks. I wonder why mine disappeared? Now if I could only figure out what I had to do to get Java working before... And of course Solitaire.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ...Now if I could only figure out what I had to do to get Java working before...
    I just remembered. Java would only work correctly if I installed it via hotsync, not via email or dragging it in throug PDAReach or copying it to the card.
    That's it thanks. I wonder why mine disappeared? Now if I could only figure out what I had to do to get Java working before... And of course Solitaire.
    I'm sure you tried this but just in case, did you try reinstalling the AW Solitaire from the Bonus part of MyCentgro?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    I'm sure you tried this but just in case, did you try reinstalling the AW Solitaire from the Bonus part of MyCentgro?
    I finally figured it out this weekend. part of the problem was that TreoLauncher wasn't showing me all the programs, nor was the built in launcher. So I finally went to Launcher X and I was able to see some of the other programs. Then I got into MyCentro and was able to download Astraware Solitaire along with Files, which had also disappeared. I'm still having a lot of instability since the update but I'm getting close to back to where I was. I have never had an update mess up a Palm like this before. In fact I don't think I've ever had an update mess up a Palm at all. Thanks, Sprint for your continued awful service!
    My battery life is about half or worse than before as well.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl360 View Post
    Has the ##377# for errors working for anything. I got a few resets, but no errors yet

I am wondering this too.

Have the ## codes changed? I would love a updated list.
    codes haven't changed AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $still$ $get$ $error$ $message$ $with$ $the$ ##$377$#. $But$ $not$ $always$ $for$ $the$ $current$ $reset$

But it was always that way for me.
    Well I thought I was going to be able to report back here that all went\is going smoothly since the upgrade-not the case.
    Used Desktop and Resco method

Random fricking resets all the time now-##377# is showing Sprint Mobile Email to be a culprit. Date it shows is 8/1 but the damn thing just reset 3 times this morning. I suspected that SME was the culprit, as you can just about see it going to get\check mail and bombing.

Guess I'll try deleting all the accounts and see what happens.
    Any other suggestions
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    I just updated my wife's Centro and now it has become very unstable. It keeps resetting on it's own and when it does, never turns the phone back on. She keeps missing phone calls because of it and now no longer wants the update... and I don't know how to undo the update.

I used the desktop method to update and thought it went smoothly.

I've since downloaded Reset Doctor to track the resets, but all it shows was "User Initiated?" about twice a day at different times (no patterns). Clearly we did not initiate any of the resets.

My wife is using the following apps, which I'm wondering whether they are compatible with this new Sprint/Palm update: Audio Gateway, AWSolitaire, Agendus Premiere, Ultimate Phone, Ringo Pro, mOcean, Google Maps, and the trial version of PalmRevolt. Except for PalmRevolt, everything here is of the latest version.

Btw, Ultimate Phone just went crazy a few days after the update. Most of the saved Favorite categories were lost. My wife spent considerable time setting up contacts in UP and then they just disappeared, whole categories at a time. Of course, she thinks it's related to this update.

I browsed the entire thread but no one seems to have similar problems. It might be s/w related. Does anyone have any ideas about this reset or how to undo this update?

THanks

- ghwin
    Quote Originally Posted by ghwin View Post
    I just updated my wife's Centro and now it has become very unstable. It keeps resetting on it's own and when it does, never turns the phone back on. She keeps missing phone calls because of it and now no longer wants the update... and I don't know how to undo the update.

I used the desktop method to update and thought it went smoothly.

I've since downloaded Reset Doctor to track the resets, but all it shows was "User Initiated?" about twice a day at different times (no patterns). Clearly we did not initiate any of the resets.

My wife is using the following apps, which I'm wondering whether they are compatible with this new Sprint/Palm update: Audio Gateway, AWSolitaire, Agendus Premiere, Ultimate Phone, Ringo Pro, mOcean, Google Maps, and the trial version of PalmRevolt. Except for PalmRevolt, everything here is of the latest version.

Btw, Ultimate Phone just went crazy a few days after the update. Most of the saved Favorite categories were lost. My wife spent considerable time setting up contacts in UP and then they just disappeared, whole categories at a time. Of course, she thinks it's related to this update.

I browsed the entire thread but no one seems to have similar problems. It might be s/w related. Does anyone have any ideas about this reset or how to undo this update?

THanks

- ghwin

Most likely the resets are caused by corrupt or incompatible file being synced into the phone after the hard reset. The best thing to do is to backup things. Make a copy of your backup directory and delete the files from it so the old stuff doesn't get synced. Sync the PIMS and then reinstall Apps one at a time so your device is clean.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghwin View Post
    It keeps resetting on it's own and when it does, never turns the phone back on. She keeps missing phone calls because of it
    The Centro has a feature where if it resets too many times in a short period, it will shut the phone radio off so as not to completely drain your battery.

When you solve your reset problem, the phone radio not coming back after reset problem will be resolved also.

My suggestion is to do a hard reset, then load the ROM image again but don't install or restore anything. Verify the phone works ok first. Then start adding stuff back until you see the offending app.

To do a hard reset, pull the battery, plug the battery back in, when the progress bar is near the end, press *and* hold the red button, release after the second Palm screen comes up, it will ask you if you want to reset, press Up on the dpad.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    Then start adding stuff back until you see the offending app.
    When all else fails in looking for the offending app, this will always work.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I was displeased that Google Maps prompted an update before Sprint or Palm, but happy to have both install and stabilize quickly and smoothly. I had to travel in Wisconsin and Ohio the days after the update, and getting my phone to find me in Milwaukee, Cleveland, and Columbus as we taxied into the terminal was pretty cool.

However, the downside to this was some erratic behavior across the board. I had the 700p for 18 months, and I've had the Centro for about 6 months, and I never got the barrage of errors and glitches people talked about, with random resets, 30 second freezes to open Blazer, random lock-ups, etc.

However, now that I've got this firmware, I've been displeased with the reactivity of the Centro, the functionality of Blazer, and battery life.

Now, the Centro will stay dark for a few seconds after I wake it up, rather than springing to life. Seems like this is happening more frequently and taking longer.. :/

As for Blazer, many websites now think I'm a mere WAP or WAP2 user, and wont let me access the full html versions I've known and loved. Something changed in how the browser appears to the internet. I hope this somehow gets undone. Also, when opening normal sites like http://www.google.com and http://pda.en.wapedia.org, Blazer stalls and then asks if I want to download a file, which never happened with either of these URLs on the 700p or Centro Firmware rev 1. I feel like the browser has taken a step back.

Lastly, I used to be untethered from charger or sync cable for 14+ hours a day, and now I'm lucky if I can get 10 hours. Maybe it's the age of the battery (6 months), but I'm leaning towards changes in firmware.

My final verdict is that losing snappiness, Blazer and battery benefits in exchange for MyLocation in Google Maps was not worth it. Nice try Palm, but you sacrificed some stable core functionality for some glitz and glamour. I'll just have to hope the fix gets fixed.
    I've updated 3 Centros in my family with the new firmware, and haven't experienced any problems to date. I suspect some folks are simply having some bad luck, unfortunately.

Google Maps works fine, battery life seems the same as before, and Blazer seems a little snappier.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I've updated 3 Centros in my family with the new firmware, and haven't experienced any problems to date. I suspect some folks are simply having some bad luck, unfortunately.

Google Maps works fine, battery life seems the same as before, and Blazer seems a little snappier.
    Agreed same thing here with mine.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post

I suspect it isn't bad luck, but rather some folk's usage patterns causes the bad behavior to show up while other's usage doesn't. The bugs are still there in the update for everyone, except some people will never see it.

In my case, I had a 1.07 and 1.05 Centro side by side to compare and there definitely was a different in bluetooth pairing reliability using TomTom6 and my BT338 GPS. This was with both phones factory reset with no backup/restore program used. I have no problem believing people using the BT differently had no problem with the update (for example I had no problems with BT headset pairing with either ROM), but I'm confident something changed negatively for the combination I was using.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789