Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    just updated using windows wo cardexpansion. restored using nvbackup. everything worked like a charm
    I had a similar problem after the install, but I found that I had to RESET the shcedules in PowerHero. Once I did that, it turns the network off and my batter life is back to what I had prior to the install.

Here is the website: http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/
    Well! I did the install and all owked OK, but my Versamail is still at the build 77 that I downloaded and installed in December.

Any ideas how to get this update without going through the install again?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidnotdave View Post
    Well! I did the install and all owked OK, but my Versamail is still at the build 77 that I downloaded and installed in December.

Any ideas how to get this update without going through the install again?
    The problem is that you probably restored the older Versamail update. Try deleting the versamail update, and the correct version residing in the ROM should be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Battery life seems better to me as well.
    I concur. Used my Centro and Salling Clicker software to remotely control the MediaMonkey application on my PC over bluetooth nearly 6 hours last night - back light on constantly at near minimum illumination (one 5-way to the right of the off position), phone enabled. Still had over 30% battery after the 6 hours. Previously, battery was almost out after 4.5 hours.

Could be a fluke, but I am optimistic

ONE OTHER NOTE: You should/will have to delete and repair all your bluetooth connections after the upgrade. This is normal on all POS Treos, and will ensure the best compatibility (i.e., least problems) with using your bluetooth devices.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Can someone check what version of Pocket-Tunes you have after the update?

The ROM version was 4.05. Pocket-Tunes released a later 4.07 update, but it took up RAM memory. I am wondering if the Sprint 1.07 update replaces the ROM with version 4.07.
    Don't know what it was before update. After update, it was 4.06. Had to download 4.07
    John 3:16
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I had already updated mine to 4.0.7, so I'm not sure. However, I looked at the files, and it appears that the one in ROM is dated January 5, 2008, while the one in RAM is dated May 15, 2008. So my guess is the update did not upgrade the ROM version of Pocket Tunes.
    Ok, thanks for all that checked the Pocket-Tunes version after the download. I guess it would be too much to expect that the newer versions were installed into ROM.
    How do you "delete the versamail update"?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Mchart View Post
    The problem is that you probably restored the older Versamail update. Try deleting the versamail update, and the correct version residing in the ROM should be used.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indyfsufan View Post
    I updated my phone and that went smooth. But as soon as I synced my phone with palm desktop, It sends it into a looping reset? any ideas.
    I have the exact same problem. The update seemed to work (although there were some messages like PRL file not found) but when I restore my data (using Missing Sync on a Mac) it goes into an infinite reset loop. When I break out of the loop I can use the Palm functions with the phone off, but when I try to turn the phone on it goes back into infinite reset.

I followed the instructions exactly and have tried it twice so far with the same result. Any ideas? Help! I now have a palm pilot with no phone or internet!!!
    No problem with the update, followed the HotSync route without fancy backups.

My Location works nicely. Versamail was updated but still extremely slow with Yahoo Mail, I was hoping for a fix.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I did the update via my laptop. Went smoothly. I restored files via BackupMan.Then did the Google Maps update. My location is working OK. Off a little bit.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unclegeek View Post
    Is no one else seeing a huge decrease in battery life since the update?

I immediately noticed my battery life cut in HALF or worse.

On the good side, I don't think this positiive aspect has been reported.. previously bluetooth pared to my in car hands-free would only let you dial the speed-dial list.. now the entire directory is available. About time! That's the way it's supposed to work..

..now if I can just figure out why my battery life is so HORRIBLE

Strange.. over the weekend.. I had the phone on the charger overnight like usual, and when I got up it was on some help screen and was frozen. (don't recall the help screen, but I didn't put it there). Had to pull the battery to reboot. Ever since the battery life has been pretty much back to normal.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Has anybody elses centro been les stable since the update, mine resets when I open a file in Docs to go about every third time, and today it reset when I answered a call.
    Thanks
    Terry
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Might be some preferences from before. I have had a stability problem after the upfdate and the culprit turned out to be Sprint Mobile Email. However, after I deleted and the re-added my yahoo email account settings in it the problems went away and my Centro is as stable as a T80 tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650 View Post
    Anyone noticing the "Processing..." when you launch Blazer now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    I noticed. And I noticed how much faster it loads the web app now with no white screen. Amazing....
    I noticed the same thing and initially the "Processing..." message would only display for a second or two. That was a lot better than the occasional 15 to 30 second white screen that I got when launching the Web Browser before the Sprint 1.07 update.

Now it's back to the same old thing. I occasional get the "Processing..." message for about 20 seconds before the web browser displays. And I have the preferences set to 'Start with: Bookmarks' so it's not like it is trying to get info from the Internet.

My guess would be that it is trying to clear out cache of some type because it seems like I see the long delays after I've used something that would use up a lot of memory prior to opening the web browser. For example, after I have streamed audio for a while using P-Tunes, the next time I launch the browser, I get the "Processing..." message for about 20 seconds.

Anyone else noticing this?
    The delay in blazer is caused because blazer needs 6mb of nvfs cache free to run. If it is not available it tries to free it up hence the delay. I have found a fairly good solution for this. I have "off flush" installed and set it to fast at 40% or below free up only on power button. When the nvfs is low and I turn the centro off it flushes the cache. Next time I turn it on I have 13mb of cache left and I haven't had any delays with blazer since doing this.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    Has anybody elses centro been les stable since the update, mine resets when I open a file in Docs to go about every third time, and today it reset when I answered a call.
    Thanks
    Terry

I noticed the same thing...more random resets, sometimes 3x a day.

Initially after the update, I restored my Centro from my backup on BackupMan. To solve the reset issue, I did another hard reset and restored my Centro thru a hotsync restore. The problem is solved and I've freed up over 10M of memory. Apparently, I had a bunch of junk in my Unsaved Preferences that was causing issues. By restoring via hotsync, those preferences were not restored.

K
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Thanks nchargreed, I moved the one file in docs to go that was causing the problem from the card to device and that seams to have solved the problem, it is a big spread sheet that I use several times a day.
    Other then that not realy a lot of problems after the update.
    Thanks agian
    Terry
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast