Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I did the desktop upgrade and had some issues. I got them all fixed, BUT when I sync I get the following error:

Failed to backup 1 file)s)
    Pm TraceDatabase
    Protocal error: Handheld file could not be opened. (4004)
    SYNCERR_FILE_NOT_OPEN

Any suggesstions?

Davidnotdave
  2. tks
    Completed the update via pc this morning with no problems. Actually it was the smoothest update for a treo I have done (270, 700p). I followed the directions but first I did a fresh NVbackup before I began as well as a hotsync. Additionally I disabled several programs(mega-launcher, skinner, and versamail) before beginning not sure it made a difference but with past experience I wanted to take precautions . Also long ago I deactivated the backup/archive features in hotsync and sync only calendar, memos, tasks, contacts. It took only about 9 minutes to update then I did the complete restore with NVBackup. Used it all day and have not had any issues. I have noticed more bars in my signal strength indicator. Only issue that I have found is that my versamail will fail to auto-check if I am using google maps, this may have always been the case but have just noticed it today.
    Last edited by tks; 07/23/2008 at 10:53 PM.
    visor Deluxe, Platinum; Zire 72s; Treo 270, 700p, Centro
    Where is the My Location button now? Nothing on my Google Maps has changed.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Has the ##377# for errors working for anything. I got a few resets, but no errors yet
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy506 View Post
    Where is the My Location button now? Nothing on my Google Maps has changed.

You need to update google maps.

m.google.com/maps is the address for the updated software.

I installed the update, blazer seems to be running faster. Resync'ed without problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrodus View Post
    This is odd. After the update my phone button now maps to the calendar. Anyone else have this happen?
    You can change it in preferences.
    So with this update, does this mean a program similar to the GSM-only Centroid would work on a Sprint Centro?
    My firmware is correct, 1.07. But I cannot get my data back. I tried hot sync with BUBuddy, and it did not work. I tried BUBVFS, and it reboots when it gets to saved preference file, and stops. PLEASE HELP! I need my data back!
    Is there a way to use BUBVFS and not restore saved preferences? What will I lose with file? Thanks in advance for your help!
    as far as this goes "Improved Gmail IMAP compatibility and an updated setup wizard with the new Gmail settings"

Don't expect Palm to outdo themselves with versamail since they now own chatter, but wouldn't it be a nice surprise?
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by davidnotdave View Post
    I did the desktop upgrade and had some issues. I got them all fixed, BUT when I sync I get the following error:

Failed to backup 1 file)s)
    Pm TraceDatabase
    Protocal error: Handheld file could not be opened. (4004)
    SYNCERR_FILE_NOT_OPEN

Any suggesstions?

Davidnotdave
    Dave , same issue here and I've had it before. Go to this thread and follow directions, works like a charm. http://forums.palmone.com/palm/board...hread.id=30068
    when I am re-installing my data, BUBuddy asks if I want to restore the older files on my card over the newer ones one the phone. I know to say yes, but was unsure about some of them, like network Prefs and carrier profiles. Would those be the newer ones since the 1.07 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I used desktop updater as I didn't have a spare card but I like doing it that
    way anyway. I used the same download on all four phones.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I just did the upgrade, did it from the desk top, never had a problem, had to reinstall voicedilit, and had to reinstall Kenoma, on both programs it saved my pref.s, and it installed a new version of google maps, this one with a blue dot to push for my location, when I downloaded the latest version it did not have the blue dot, you had to go to the menue to try "My location"
    And as a bonus I actualy came up with more free memory then I had before!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Couple things...
    I swear my battery time is better after the update. It's only been one day though.

Also, the my location doesn't work so well while in motion for me, like driving. Anyone else experience this?

Also, for those of you that haven't done the update yet. Please get Nvbackup, its free. It is flawless and restores everything exactly how it was.

Backup -> do the update -> restore.

Reset loops alway occur when your away from your PC. I backup every night automagically. It has saved my **** more than once. I restored at a stoplight one time! ha...
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Couple things...
    I swear my battery time is better after the update. It's only been one day though.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    mtndew-love the name it's my favorite soda!

It's been hit or miss for me. It definitely puts you by the nearest tower no doubt. When I move the phone around sometimes it will jump me from me tower to tower sending me further from my actual location. I can also tell how spread apart they are too. I still like it, it definitely makes me aware of phones towers. Now I actually look for them!!
    Any changes with versamail? or is it still the same ?
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Made a resco backup, did a hot sync, did the update, did a hot sync, did a Resco restore from backup, got stuck in a loop looking for localization, figured out it had something to do with the phone app being changed. Re did the update, didn't do the resco back up restore this time seems o.k. Several programs are asking for registration ids again. Figure its because the phone is a new version now so the old Ids aren't working(?). Went to use card export II and it said "your system has been updated, you must do a reset now." O.k. - but it gets stuck in a loop if the hot sync cable is connected!

Aaack I hope this update is worth this hassle!

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Versamail in ROM is now 4.0.1.00 Build 86 and my previous Gmail problems are gone now. I haven't had an error or empty message yet but I stopped using Versamail for Gmail a while back so it may have been something got fixed on the Gmail side as well.
    Last edited by nitf; 07/26/2008 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    It worked for me using the desktop updater program. All I did was a hot sync before it and after it was done. I've lost a few applications that did not HotSync back over and a few preference settings in a few apps. Other than that, everything seems to be working well so far.
    I updated my phone and that went smooth. But as soon as I synced my phone with palm desktop, It sends it into a looping reset? any ideas.