Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    after a couple of soft resets and syncs, both issues have resolved themselves.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    wow my google maps location is within 3 blocks
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    And I got my first reset... in google maps. Hmm.. I never had googlemaps reset before.
    overall, blazer seems much faster surfing web sites. however, every time i start blazer, it says "Processing..." for about 2 seconds before it starts. i've never seen this before the update or ever. anyone else notice this?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    So far my REM Sleep issue is fixed. Previously it would not goto SLEEP mode when my BEAM was turn OFF (causing quick battery drains).
    i can't get hello kitty back on to replace the stupid bell since i did the update =( i move it to the ram the phone resets then stops at time screen with error
    I got my very first reset with Blazer after the "upgrade". Better not be the norm.
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
    ...but Google maps is pretty darn sweet so I'll quit belly achin!
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    It's never clear to me when they say things like this "back up your data ... and restore it after".

Does this mean I'll have to reinstall apps afterwards? or will the next Hotsync get everything restored, .... and if yes why don't they say it that way?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hotsync will get everything restored.

I'm loving Google Maps I was playing with it on my way to work. It was a little off especailly on overlapping highways. But I when I saw a cell tower it was dead on, no blue halo around it. I know with more practice it will get more accurate. I'm happy!!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I think that it's part of the OS upgrade, not Blazer per se. And that that 2 s display of "Processing..." is the same as the weird 2 s pause that used to occur when you switched to or from Blazer. That's my guess, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    overall, blazer seems much faster surfing web sites. however, every time i start blazer, it says "Processing..." for about 2 seconds before it starts. i've never seen this before the update or ever. anyone else notice this?
    Does anyone know if USB modem still works after the update?

Franko353
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    I just went on vacation with my Vzw Centro and used Google maps a lot. It is really a great application and is even better with the My Location feature. While traveling or to find directions, I would pull up My Location and then use that as the starting point for directions, with my destination as the endpoint. Then I would know how many miles I had to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinang View Post
    i can't get hello kitty back on to replace the stupid bell since i did the update =( i move it to the ram the phone resets then stops at time screen with error
    Oh, so there really is more than one way to skin a cat?

Completely O/T, but interesting: http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...sages/135.html
    Who's flying this thing?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I tried the My Location feature at red lights on my way to work, and it was a bit more accurate there. Perhaps being in a more open area rather than a residential area helped. I always got a blue circle of up to something like 1800 meters, but a few times it was very close to my actual position -- the blue dot was only a few blocks off. This is much better than home where I was often outside the blue circle; it wasn't outside by much, but it was kind of far from the center "best guess".

Regarding Blazer's "Processing", I saw it the first time I opened it after the update and thought it was because the phone needed to be provisioned for Vision services again. However, it also happened today, so I'm guessing they put this in purposely so you know something's going on. I think this is better than showing a blank screen and leaving the user to wonder if the program is working or hung.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    It's never clear to me when they say things like this "back up your data ... and restore it after".

Does this mean I'll have to reinstall apps afterwards? or will the next Hotsync get everything restored, .... and if yes why don't they say it that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Hotsync will get everything restored.
    Everything that is Hotsync'ed will get restored. For example, bluetooth pairings are apparently not synced. Also, apparently the Astraware Solitaire registration gets lost (if you happened to install that bonus app), along with the fact that you registered with My Centro (if you did).

So, if something is not Hotsync'ed and you rely on Hotsync, it will magically disappear.

Backup programs are a bit more comprehensive, and I would've used that, had I managed to bother to purchase a microSD card... but I've been lazy or holding off for larger capacities... I'm not sure which.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I'm noticing the "Processing" thing when going into Blazer. Doesn't seem like a big deal and Blazer appears to be loading quicker for me.

fyi for you sprint folks- the verizon centro does the processing think entering blazer all the time.

I thought it meant "hold on I'm re-drawing"- but not sure.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    also there's another thread talking about google maps my location.

It's apparently not using the e911 gps info so it's not very accurate in general- I'd say more times then not I'm not inside the blue circle it thinks I am.

The more dense the towers obviously the closer it gets (and maybe even triangulates to get pretty darn accurate- at least it puts me on the right street at times) But if you are in a more rural area it seems the blue dot just gets put on the tower you are connected to and it has no idea where you really are- and surprisingly the blue circle doesn't even cover the area where you are most times.

Hopefully a later update allows the e911 info to get passed to google as that's supposed to be accurate within like tens of meters or something much better than this.

edit: just say this on palm info page:
    - Location is an approximation based on digital towers and is not GPS
    so what's the best way to get my centro back to exactly the way it is pre-update. ie all apps, settings, pairings, etc.

hot-sync or resco explorer back-up

seems like everytime I do one of these updates, it takes couple days and some swearing to get everything back to normal
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    I am starting the update with my fingers crossed.

New Rom up and running, but I dont see the Find Me option in GMaps.
    Last edited by He123321; 07/23/2008 at 11:14 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast