Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I read about this on a different web board, and just got things working. The only trick I had with the update was getting the index.hta file to open automatically -- I had to associate the .hta file type with Microsoft HTML Application Host. After that, and restoring from a backup, everything seemed to be OK, I just had to reprovision for Vision services. My quick test of MyLocation in Google Maps is a little variable. I've gotten about 4 different estimates, two with an 1800 meter radius, 1 I'm in and the other I'm not, one with a 1300 meter radius that I'm in, and one with a 600 meter radius that I'm a few blocks outside. I'm not sure exactly how often it will try to improve its estimate (sometime trying to relocate doesn't do anything, sometimes it gets a new one), and it's not terribly accurate, but it should still be fun to play with and close enough for some purposes.
    Type "m.google.com/maps" into the Centro's web browser, and download the new version of Google Maps directly to the phone, and "My Location" will work.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I use a gps reciever and "Where am I" so I dont realy need the update for that, but I am wondering how it improves sprint TV and blue tooth.
    Thanks
    Terry
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Desktop updater was real nice. I have updated many treos in the past and this seemed much more stable. It does reboot two or three times in the process but don't worry.

For some reason, data seems a little faster as well. Also, Blazer lag is no where near as bad... I hope that isn't a fluke.

My Location seems pretty cool although not for exact GPS or anything. I hope this is/ will be some apps that take advantage of it on the Centro like location based items when you are out and about or traveling in a new city.
    So, is it supposed to do anything besides google maps stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Did you restore from your desktop or from an SD card?

TIA
    Yes, from an SD card - full restore using Resco Backup. The upgrade process does not do a full backup as has been the case with Treo ROM updates.
    Any analysis of the changes in bluetooth?
    What version is it now?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy506 View Post
    So, is it supposed to do anything besides google maps stuff?
    Updated features are here: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Yes, from an SD card - full restore using Resco Backup. The upgrade process does not do a full backup as has been the case with Treo ROM updates.
    Tks for the info MarkY
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Anyone noticing the "Processing..." when you launch Blazer now?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650 View Post
    Anyone noticing the "Processing..." when you launch Blazer now?
    Blazer is not listed in the update. What version is it now?
    I think that it is version 4.5.8. I'm not saying that it was updated, just that I have never seen that when loading it before.
    So how are the improvements after the update. My wife is asking me about this as she just got a centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650 View Post
    I think that it is version 4.5.8. I'm not saying that it was updated, just that I have never seen that when loading it before.
    Same version here pre v1.07 update. Could the processing notice you saw be the phone provisioning again or did you already do this after the update?
    I'm noticing the "Processing" thing when going into Blazer. Doesn't seem like a big deal and Blazer appears to be loading quicker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Desktop updater was real nice. I have updated many treos in the past and this seemed much more stable. It does reboot two or three times in the process but don't worry.
    Ditto. This was by far the easiest update I've ever done. I did the desktop version too (without card). I had already updated Google Maps a few weeks ago and it was there when I restored using NV Backup. My location worked but it was about 1/2 mile away. Still fantastic.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    OK. I was just making sure it wasn't just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I'm noticing the "Processing" thing when going into Blazer. Doesn't seem like a big deal and Blazer appears to be loading quicker for me.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I just noticed my memory card before the format was fat, I just formatted to fat32 (per instructions). If I copy my data back to that card on fat32, will there be any problems?
    I just ran the Palm desktop updater, and that seemed to work. The only hiccup was the hotsync to restore... it complained that ConnectionMgr50DB.PDB already existed.

Oh, and the Google update worked, too. So, I'm happy.

Who's flying this thing?
    1. how's your free RAM? mine went from 66% free to 19% free.
    2. does "cleaning up" after a hot sync take forever?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast