1.    #1  
    Forgive me if I missed a thread on this subject, but I did my due diligence and both searched and browsed the forum before posting.

I am using a new Centro from Sprint.

Anyway, here's the problem:

When I receive a text message with a link or a phone number or any underlined blue text, clicking it or tapping does absolutely nothing. If it is a link, I have to copy/paste it to Blazer to get it. This goes for picture mail, downloads, anything. I have only had my phone for 2 weeks, but I seem to recall it worked when I first got the phone.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Can it be fixed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudus View Post
    Forgive me if I missed a thread on this subject, but I did my due diligence and both searched and browsed the forum before posting.

I am using a new Centro from Sprint.

Anyway, here's the problem:

When I receive a text message with a link or a phone number or any underlined blue text, clicking it or tapping does absolutely nothing. If it is a link, I have to copy/paste it to Blazer to get it. This goes for picture mail, downloads, anything. I have only had my phone for 2 weeks, but I seem to recall it worked when I first got the phone.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Can it be fixed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm?? my Sprint Centro follows the links. And with phone numbers it will dial the number. I didn't have to do anything to set up this feature and I don't believe there is a way to disable it. You may wanna take your phone in and have it looked at.

K
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. You confirmed that it did indeed work at one time. So after a bit of thinking and looking at the "plethora" of software I have installed. I deduced it was a program called "Fieldsplus" causing the issue. I disabled it for my messaging app and voila: clicky links are here again.

Woohoo.
    Are you using uncache? Does it only happen in the Messaging App?

I'm guessing it is not limited to the Messaging App. It behaves like you do not have a default browser app specified in the Centro's prefs. Look in the Prefs -> Default Apps.

Uncache is known for eliminating our choices for them. Even after it has been uninstalled.