1.    #1  
    Hi all, I have just gotten back to being with a palm, after a 1 and a half years of a regular cell phone. Before that I had a sprint 300, 600 & 650. I gave up 650 as it was too unstable and my g/f and I live in different counties. It is free to call her from my home phone but she only has a cell and her cell bills were huge.

I changed to Verizon, from Sprint, which was fine, because Sprint stinks! Now it is free for her to call me!

However Sprint only changred $10 for the treo to be online. Verizon charges $22 for centro and up to $45 for other treo's .

Therefore, I am trying to see if I can make it without the internet cabilities of the centro. Avantgo, gives weather and movies, but I am looking for something a bit more sophisticed that ONLY GETS INFO FROM MY DESKTOP OR LAPTOP & NOT BY GOING ONLIONE WITH MY CENTRO.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    you might be able to get some info via text message.
    Try 4cast. I used it on my Palm Zire 72, and I didn't have Wifi on it, but every time I hotsynced, it updated the weather. You just have to have the Preference settings to: Get Weather via: Hotsync.

And while you're checking out 4cast, take a look at Shimon's other apps (Especially TAKEphONE.) YES, as you can see by my signature, I LOVE all his apps! He's an awesome developer......... and no, I don't get any kickbacks from him, LOL. Just the satisfaction of getting GREAT apps!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    you might be able to get some info via text message.
    That reminds me......... you can also send a text to: 466453
    That's for Google. In the message part of the text, type in Weather #####. (##### = your zipcode).

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  5.    #5  
    Thanks will do, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group