1.    #1  
    Heyo! So we're hitched now, and both my Edge (actually, VDX, Plat, and then EDGE) and her VDX (my old one) have been immensely helpful in planning the 250 people wedding. Now it's over and, well, there's more need for them digital gadgets.

1) Money Management
    So we've combined checking accounts. I have a bad money history, but I've been good ever since I've started using SplashMoney. But now we've got 2 registers to account for. Here's what we need: a good desktop software (money or quicken, I assume) that we can use in conjunction with some handheld software (Ultrasoft or PQ, I assume), to sync up all three devices on an almost daily (read: no busywork in the syncing) basis. Anyone doing this?

2) Calendar Management
    What I would love is the ability sync both my calendar and Anna's, but only look at one or the other (i.e. like having 2 separate datebooks). I know I could possible use categories or something like that in db4, but that would be a manual entry kind of thing. Even better would be to beam a monthly/weekly schedule to each other, then automatically entering certain of the events from the other's date book. The best solution I've found thus far has been datebook2memo. Not so good.

What other stuff do y'all use to keep 2 happily married visors (..er.. people) happily synced?
    A big congratulations to ya! For money management, I've heard good things about Quik Budget, but I've never used it personally.
    Congratulations!!!

For Money Management I recommend Ultrasoft Money and Microsoft Money Combination.

For Calendar I recommend that you try WeSync (www.wesync.com. It does exactly what you want.
    hint. USE DATEBOOK! make sure that your calanders are in sync - IT always sucks when me and my mom aren't right on things. I have a "play date" scheduled, she has a dentist. oh well

[B] CONGRADULATIONS!!! YEAH!! {/B]
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    [B]hint. USE DATEBOOK! make sure that your calanders are in sync
    How? If there's a solution that I already have, I will feel pretty stupid (which is ok).
    CONGRATS dietrichbohn!!!!

Well, this isn't in the list of things you were asking about but thought this might help. The ver2 beta is even better.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...49&prodID=9318

Hope this doesn't offend you in any way. If so, Sorry in advance.

7.    #7  
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs
    CONGRATS dietrichbohn!!!!
    The ver2 beta is even better.
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...49&prodID=9318
    OOhh.... Had 1.4, what's new in the beta?
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

OOhh.... Had 1.4, what's new in the beta?
    Better images, new program features, more "ideas", I like the system password feature (keep prying eyes out). They have a color version now too.

By the way, WeSync is suppose to be really good. I really want to try it out but my wife hasn't bought a PDA yet. The software is suppose to do exactly what you asked for. If you try it out, let me know how it works for you. Send me a PM with the details.
    I have heard many good things about WeSync and almost downloaded it myself just to play with.

--David
    1) Money Management
    [...] Here's what we need: a good desktop software (money or quicken, I assume) that we can use in conjunction with some handheld software (Ultrasoft or PQ, I assume), to sync up all three devices on an almost [/B]
    I have been using Pocket Quicken for some time now and am quite pleased with it. Have not yet convinced my significant other to make use of it, however with version 2.0 it does support multiple PalmOS devices syncing to one quicken desktop. Also when I upgraded from 1.01 to 2.0 I asked if, since they support this, do they offer a "spouse discount"? A Sheryl Seiferas replied:
    we offer a "spouse" discount of $19.95
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by potter
    with version 2.0 it does support multiple PalmOS devices syncing to one quicken desktop
    Very Cool. I found that Ultrasoft allows for syncing 2 handhelds directly via the IR port (but that it then screws up syncing with the desktop)... Can we sync with each other w/out the computer?

...thanks for everybody's help and congrats... I'm off to a bbq now.

Dieter
    WeSync is cool, but it leads to very slow sync times. Syncing mine and my wife's calendar with their was even slower than 5-7 AvantGo channels on a DSL connection for me.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by euangel
    WeSync is cool, but it leads to very slow sync times. Syncing mine and my wife's calendar with their was even slower than 5-7 AvantGo channels on a DSL connection for me.
    yeah, when I saw taht wesync was a net solution, I wasn't too happy, I just need a quick solution one one desktop.

BTW: did you see that Palm bought WeSync?
    Talking about Pocket Quicken ...
    Can we sync with each other w/out the computer?
    Taking a quick look an the menus, I see nothing about beaming, so I would say not.
    Congratulations dietrichbohn!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Many Happy Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jonathan
    I know it's not much fun, technically, ... but when we need to coordinate calendars, we sit down, usually on Sunday night, and go over the appointments for the following week - or longer if a lot of things are coming up - and make sure we both have everything on our schedules.

Congratulations!!!
    Life is not a dress rehearsal!
    Welcome to the fold, you are now one of us.

You'll need HandyShopper2 !!
    So you'll know what to pick up on the way home. And so Anna can beam and track your HoneyDos.

Oh, you'll probably be needing 'HomeLoan' so you can practice and dream w/downpayments & interest rates.
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson