1.    #1  
    This past weekend I kept getting pop-ups to update OnDemand on my Sprint 700p.

I did so, and it is now called Pocket Express. The problem is, every attempt to open the app causes an immediate reset.

Handmark had me delete everything and reinstall from a new link, but same problem. They seem to be stumped.

Anybody else have this problem, or know how to fix it?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Yep, I had a similar problem this morning. A popup asked me to update On Demand with Pocket Express. When I tried to run the program, it just locked up my Treo 755p at the first screen for the crappy program. Luckily, I was able to use Backup Man to return to my previous settings. I've always been happy with On Demand. We just used the weather radar screens to avoid thunderstorms while crossing N. Dakota today from Seattle to Oshkosh. It managed to update up to our Cessna at 7500 feet unbelivebly. I strongly suggest that everyone avoid updating to PDA Express until they fix their buggy software.
    Marty
    ^no problem with Pocket Express update on two Sprint 755Ps here. I saved an NVbackup set before the update in case Express breaks my longtime free trial subscriptions (411, Maps, etc.) with OnDemand. We shall see in 30 days.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    My wifes 700p seems to have updated without any problems, but my 755p will not update...some sys error message pops up and it kicks me out telling me to try again later.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
  5.    #5  
    Crap. I made the mistake of contacting customer support, who told me to delete all OnDemand and Express files. Now both of them result in immediate resets.

It didn't even occur to me to just immediately restore from NVBackup. Now it's too late.
    I upgraded my Sprint 755p and Centro - the 755p updated fine and the original app OnDemand seemed to have loaded from the CD so it was not in rom.

The Centro upgraded fine, except it reset the Centro right after the upgrade, and then it reset itself again a day later (this phone is seriously rock solid) - hasn't reset in the last couple of days - so I'm crossing my fingers. I think the OnDemand in the Centro is rom based, because everytime I reset or it gets reset OnDemand comes back after I deleted - I'll check it with FileZ, but I believe that to be the case. Bottom line, both apps are on the Centro, but the 755p only has Express.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    ^you are confused my friend. OD does not come from CD. "Handmark OD bootstrap" is a ROM file since the 700P that when you first launch it, it downloads all the files to setup OD on your treo/centro. The update/upgrade to PocketExpress is just a newer version of the OD files. PE has a fresh look and smaller footprint, but basically the same as OD. To get OD back, you can restore a backup set before the update. Or you can hard reset and setup OD again like the first time - I'm not sure about this though since Handmark could just redirect and install PE instead.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I have On Demand on my Centro. How do I upgrade it to express?
    I upgraded and all it wanted me to do is buy stuff I had previously, like 411 and maps, no tv guide, etc. I restored a backup and have OnDemand back with all its free stuff. My question is after a month or so the message is popping up "upgrade available. now or later?" everytime I go to OnDemand's main screen. Is there a way to make this go away wihtout having to upgrade? Is the OnDemand application a trial that only lasts a year without giving the nag messages.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I upgraded and all it wanted me to do is buy stuff I had previously, like 411 and maps, no tv guide, etc. I restored a backup and have OnDemand back with all its free stuff. My question is after a month or so the message is popping up "upgrade available. now or later?" everytime I go to OnDemand's main screen. Is there a way to make this go away wihtout having to upgrade? Is the OnDemand application a trial that only lasts a year without giving the nag messages.
    PocketExpress is replacing OnDemand. I got my OD working again, but am told that the nag screen cannot be disabled. They also said that, in time, OD will cease working completely as everything is switched over to PE.