1.    #1  
    I've seen some threads discussing Sirius via Sprint service, but I would like to stream Howard Stern on my Verizon Centro.

Is there a way to do this? If not, this would be a great app for someone to develop.
    I don't believe you can stream Sirius on any Centro or palm-based Treo. XM maybe, but not Sirius. (If I am wrong, please let know as I would love to be able to stream Sirius on my 700p.)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    You can stream Howard Stern via Palm Tunes and Crystalone.net. You need to purchase Pocket tunes with internet streaming capability.

Select Internet stations. Go to Talk category and scroll down to CrystalOne DJ One station.

It will play yesterday's Howard Stern on a loop for the entire day.
    Excellent!!! I had no idea that was in there.

Thanks!
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCaruso View Post
    You can stream Howard Stern via Palm Tunes and Crystalone.net. You need to purchase Pocket tunes with internet streaming capability.

Select Internet stations. Go to Talk category and scroll down to CrystalOne DJ One station.

It will play yesterday's Howard Stern on a loop for the entire day.
    I was able to get Howard through the P-tunes method you listed. However, today (Tuesday) at 7:33AM they were replaying Thursday's show.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Ok. I am not sure exactly sure of the schedule or where to access a webpage that lists one. However, I know they stream stern shows all day long but it is not live from Sirius.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    not to jinx us- but is that a legal stream?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    not to jinx us- but is that a legal stream?
    Not sure about that. It has been up for years. I think there is a paid version of this too on the net.

I just know that it is a link available on Shoutcast and on Ptunes.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    it plays an ad each time talking about a paid version to listen to sterns archives.

I guess he is selling streams of his krock tapes and this is an enticement to try.

funny cause you would think he'd talk it up on sirius. (at least I would think....)
  10.    #10  
    It's been 5 months since this has received any posts, so I thought I would bump it.

Is anyone aware of an application that will allow you to listen to Sirius on your Verizon Centro?
    Ok.....this is not gonna work for everyone obviously. But for me it does and some might not be aware. Here is what I do to listen to Sirius. I have a slingbox and direct tv. so I login to my slingplayer on my centro and listen to sirius which plays there channels in the 6000's on the Directtv channel guide. If you don't have direct tv or a slingbox then this won't work.Although maybe you know a friend who has this setup and could give you his login info...then it would only cost you the 30 bux for the Palm os slingplayer software....
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    So far, there's no app or workaround other than the ones mentioned above.