1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to manually select the phone network on an AT&T branded Centro? AT&T signal is fine everywhere except for my own apartment where I usually have SOS-only. My older phones used to have a "select network" option, but I don't see it anymore.

Thanks.
    I have the same issue.
    In the Phone application Enter Menu -> Option -> Select Network
    And you will see a list of available carrier select one that your provider have rooming with.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christer View Post
    In the Phone application Enter Menu -> Option -> Select Network
    And you will see a list of available carrier select one that your provider have rooming with.
    Thanks for the response. I tried that already. There's simply no "Select Network" option in the menu. I have the following options...

Phone Display Options
    Sound Preferences
    Call Preferences
    Dial Preferences
    System Preferences
    Phone Lock
    Phone Info
    Tips
    About Phone

That's it...
    Quote Originally Posted by ixitixl View Post
    Thanks for the response. I tried that already. There's simply no "Select Network" option in the menu. I have the following options...

Phone Display Options
    Sound Preferences
    Call Preferences
    Dial Preferences
    System Preferences
    Phone Lock
    Phone Info
    Tips
    About Phone

That's it...
    Ok I have a Unlocked GSM so my Option menu looks like this.

Phone Display Options
    Sound Preferences
    Call Preferences
    Dial Preferences
    System Preferences
    Call Barring
    Select Network

Phone Lock
    Phone Info
    Tips
    About Phone

So I think AT&T have locked it totally to them.
  6.    #6  
    Maybe it has something to do with the sim card itself. I have an unlocked GSM phone as well, but it still doesn't give me the "select network" option.
    Might be the difference between USA version and rest of world. I am in Australia and have full selection available in menu.
    How do you know if you are roaming with the ATT Centro?
    It could also be there's no one else to roam to in your area.
    I checked my options in the phone applicaton and now I have select network when it was not there before.
    craziest thing now when I check under my phone application the select network is not there
    T-Mobile and AT&T do not have a roaming agreement. So even if you did have the option to select the other network in Preferences, you could not register on it or make a call (other than to 911).
    Thanks but why would it let me select network then. it has happened two more times then goes away.