1.    #1  
    Well folks, I've jumped ship. My iPhone 3G comes in next week and I'm looking forward to better days. Thanks to all for being so helpful when Palm couldn't get their act together. Perhaps one day they'll finally figure it out. Until then...
    <br>
    Good luck with the iPhone; guess you'll have to change your user name for the new forum?
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Yeah, let us know how you like it after a few days of use.

Rick
    I've got both an iPhone 3G and a Treo 755p. Long story about why I have the 3G, it involves needing an iPod, and getting a FAN discount for the AT&T plan, in addition to having a Sprint SERO plan.

But I must say that while I'm impressed with the quality of the iPhone, I am dissappointed with the battery life and the coverage, both 3G and non-3G. I am barely able to get through the day without a recharge. The 3G coverage is spotty, and the phone insists on using 3G no matter what the signal strength, even if there is a non-3G tower available. I also get much better coverage with the 755p than the iPhone, just on pure reception. So much for more bars in more places.

The GPS function is very good, and considering that it uses Google Maps just like the 755p, it is easy to compare the quality. I really like being able to pinpoint my location and watch the pin move as I drive or move around. I tried it at the hospital I work at, and it tracked me walking from the parking structure to the main hospital building. Too cool!! Too bad that Palm won't allow the same function with the 755p (only the Centro as of this writing).

I also am a big user of eReader (formerly Palm Digital Media), and the iPhone app is very good. The Safari web browser is far superior to both Opera mini and Blazer. I would love to see a program that offers the use of MS Office documents. I can see it coming eventually.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    thanks for the update.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    "So much for more bars in more places."

That's ATT's incorrect marketing slogan because they use GSM. If you read the fine print in their marketing materials it actually tells you that statement is a reflection of worldwide GSM coverage, and NOT USA coverage. ATT users this to sell their service for people who actually travel overseas enough to justify getting GSM/ATT. What most people do not realize though is , yeah, you can take your ATT phone to europe, etc, but they do not realize, especially with the iPhone) that they are stuck paying ATT ridiculous int'l roaming rates, as you can not put a different SIM into the iPhone.

I'll stick with my excellent Sprint plan and my 755P where i get free Verizon voice and data roaming and pay NOTHING extra - with sprint's prices and NOT Verizon"s I just hope that Palm wakes up soon and pushes the new OS out before 09 or they may have an even bigger uphill battle. I'm a major Mac/Apple geek, but from playing with the iPhone, besides the superior browser and GPS, my 755P does more and costs me a hell of a lot less. Hopefully apple will wake up soon tooo and realize they should sell the iPhone to Sprint or Verizon as well........
    Well said. But I would not give up the POS for a bushel of apples
    B B
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    Well said. But I would not give up the POS for a bushel of apples
    B B
    ..............Me neither B B
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  9.    #9  
    Well, I finally posted about my iPhone experience on my blog: http://tetration.blogspot.com/2008/08/smart-phones.html

Feel free to comment. I hope all is going well in Treo land. I'm REALLY enjoying my jailbroken iPhone!
    <br>